PDA

View Full Version : New here from South Africa

BOESMAN
13-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi guys (and gals).

I am from South Africa, Cape Town.

Only got to Perth 4 months ago.

I have been trolling these forums and Gumtree in Oz for a while now looking for a Jeep.

I finally bought one yesterday.

He is a Jeep Cherokee XJ Classic 4.0.

My family and I are VERY eager to get out and about with the Jeep asap. We love camping, so our mission is to get set up as quickly as possible in order to explore your beautiful country.

The XJ is still stock standard. So I am hoping to read up on all the available upgrades and how to go about doing these upgrades.
I dont earn a big salary, but luckily I can work with my hands and do the upgrades myself.

First on the list will be a lift. Since there are lots of sand areas around WA, I thought it best to start with a 3" (or more if affordable).

Regards

BOESMAN (Afrikaans word for "bush man")

BOESMAN
13-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Sorry, I forgot to add a pic or two.

ausjeeper
13-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Welcome Boesman. Nice Jeep!

Cheers

Ook van SA.

Mischif
24-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Welcome!! I am originally from Durban. Nice looking XJ ya have there. Look forward to seeing ya out on the tracks one day!!

Deb

malexander
24-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Welcome Boesman! It's a shame that so many short sighted people supported a change of government in 1994 that ultimately led to making SA unliveable for everyone. Never thought I'd see AA against the very people who built the place and made is prosperous. Anyway South Africa's loss is our gain!

Double Diff
14-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Hope you settled well into Perth. Enjoy your new found freedom. Ex JHB blitspatrollie

bruggz351
14-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Welcome Boesman, to our forum and our country.
Nice XJ by the way...

cheers

wes
14-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi Boesman, hope you like it here.
Pretty much an hour in any direction out of Perth will put you in some sort of 4wd territory, be it sand dunes, rocks or mud (seasonal:cool:)

Keep an eye on the trips section - we usually have at least one trip a month but we've been a bit slack lately :rolleyes:

Bryceee
14-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Welcome Boesman,

I'm originally from Durban, been here just under two years.
Its a great place to live.

See you on the trails.

layback40
14-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi guys (and gals).

I am from South Africa, Cape Town.

Only got to Perth 4 months ago.

I have been trolling these forums and Gumtree in Oz for a while now looking for a Jeep.

I finally bought one yesterday.

He is a Jeep Cherokee XJ Classic 4.0.

My family and I are VERY eager to get out and about with the Jeep asap. We love camping, so our mission is to get set up as quickly as possible in order to explore your beautiful country.

The XJ is still stock standard. So I am hoping to read up on all the available upgrades and how to go about doing these upgrades.
I dont earn a big salary, but luckily I can work with my hands and do the upgrades myself.

First on the list will be a lift. Since there are lots of sand areas around WA, I thought it best to start with a 3" (or more if affordable).

Regards

BOESMAN (Afrikaans word for "bush man")

Hey BOESMAN from the other side of Australia!!
The jeepers in the West will soon have you being like any other Australian !! We will want you to then speak of Australia as BOESMAN's beautiful country !!!
Welcome !!! Hope you will soon see Australia as your home !!! :D

You have a nice looking jeep !! It looks as though it may already have a lift.

Cornelius
16-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Welkom Boesman , jy gaan baie pret he met daai Jeep in the Lancelin duine !

Translated to: Welcome Boesman , you're going to have a ball in the Lancelin dunes with the Jeep.

Originally from Empangeni in Kwazulu Natal , now proudly Australian for the last ten years. I would not want to live anywhere else in the world ..........Aussie is truely the best place on the planet !

Jeep'ers
20-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Howzit jou capie hahaha from Durban originally myself but it is a beautiful place and the first thing we did when landed was buy a jeep too..... I am no longer South African now proudly australian too but I still have many fond memories and am making many many new ones here, and over seas.... Here are a few tips.... This forum is gold so much info on here to helpin break downs, how to's, and bragging. 2 dealers are ripoffs do a lot of work yourself saving a lot of money.... 3 lift, bulbar, winch, spotties and beer.... Can't go wrong.... eBay is your friend use it!:0=

Surfer
11-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Notice quite a few South Africans on this forum. I am South African, born in Cape Town and then lived in Rhodesia in the seventies and then onto Durban in 1978 which we left in 1993.
I guess we should have gone east instead of north as Oz is a lot warmer than here! Enjoy the wide open spaces as we have very few over here to test out our Jeep GC CRD. :D

Jeep'ers
16-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Notice quite a few South Africans on this forum. I am South African, born in Cape Town and then lived in Rhodesia in the seventies and then onto Durban in 1978 which we left in 1993.
I guess we should have gone east instead of north as Oz is a lot warmer than here! Enjoy the wide open spaces as we have very few over here to test out our Jeep GC CRD. :D

Where are you guys now?

Surfer
16-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Where are you guys now?

We live near Worcester in England or "Mud Island"!

Brachunky
08-03-2014, 02:50 AM
Picking up on an old thread but Im also from SA (Port Elizabeth) but went north instead of south:mrgreen: You guys are so damn lucky with all that space to wheel. We are fast running out of places to use our trucks as the authorities are closing our green lanes left right & bleedin centre:(

Surfer
08-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Picking up on an old thread but Im also from SA (Port Elizabeth) but went north instead of south:mrgreen: You guys are so damn lucky with all that space to wheel. We are fast running out of places to use our trucks as the authorities are closing our green lanes left right & bleedin centre:(

Ah yes the other windy city! Spent a week there once in the eighties working for Early Bird Tv. That was quite enough. LOL! :p