PDA

View Full Version : xj suspension and protection questions.

blake_XJ
17-10-2011, 06:03 PM
hey all my name is blake and im new to the forum, i have a 94 xj and im lookin to juice up the suspension, i am looking at a 4.5 inch rough country kit in the states and just wondering what else would help with this like is a sye recomended as it already has the transfer drop, also need info about weather its smart to put in a panhard rod drop bracket with an adjustable rod or will the rod buy its self be ok? i have a full set of rugged ridge front upper n lower adjustable arms on the way as well as a droped pitman arm to help with linkage angles, will it fit 33s with that lift or will it need a guard trim? id rather fit 32s than chop the 1/4s, also where can i get those sexy warn front bars i see everywhere lol? ne and all other info i can aquire with lifting xj's would be very helpful thanks heaps guys.

cheers blake. :D

blackie27
17-10-2011, 06:19 PM
hi blake and welcome to ajor
im currently doing the same to my xj, lifting it 4,5inch u will need the sye, and as for the tyres u will probably need to cut the guards for 33's and probably still for 32's.
hope it all works out for u.

troy

rainman
17-10-2011, 06:21 PM
These are good.
tell you everything you are asking plus alot more
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=968708

Also, is the drop pitman arm for a left hand drive vehicles as they are different.
good luck with it.

Steve F
17-10-2011, 08:06 PM
If you drop the pitman arm you have to drop the panhard as well otherwise you will get bumpsteer. My XJ is around 5" on 35's and drives and handles great as well as flexes like crazy without a drop pitman and panhard.

Cheers
Steve

junglejuice
17-10-2011, 08:11 PM
You will definitely need to do something with the panhard as mine is maxed out and mine is only lifted 2.5" at the front....