PDA

View Full Version : central locking beeps

superdave
30-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi everyone
I have bought a 1995 xj and am now hooked on the jeep thing. One thing bothers me about the jeep though, my central locking is hooked up to the horn and when i unlock it is sounds 3 times but very loudly, is there any way of disconnecting it from the horn so that it doesnt make the 3 beeps. I leave for work early in the morning and i wake up all the neighbours. I looked through the manual and couldnt see anything about the wiring for it.

This is a great forum and i have found lots of good info and have started doing some of the upgrades recommended on here, i did the headlight upgrade this weekend just have to install it now. Lots more things planned as the xj is stock standard.

cheers
dave

Pebble
30-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Can't help you but likewise with our JK Unlimited the headlights come on when you unlock it, so when we were camping one morning didn't want to unlock the car as it was pointing towards someone elses campsite!

sbadman
30-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Standard remote locking on the XJ isn't connected to the horn. It's likely you have an aftermarket alarm fitted, you'll have to find the horn connection and disconnected it. Likely place to look will be around the steering column loom.

Alternatively unhook the horn completely, it's behind the bumper on the drivers side. Technically unroadworthy though :D