PDA

View Full Version : cherokee kj diesel stalling

freedomkj
01-11-2011, 10:03 AM
jeep stalls at low speed starts straight away dealer reported that the fuel clamp was loose and letting in air, stalled 6 times on the way home from dealer this is after having 120k service with all programs being updated and reset can everyone help with an answer

del97td
01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
sounds like base idle is too low or a fault in the brake switch(ecu cuts fuel when vehicle is in motion and brake pedal is depressed )done to save on fuel and emissions gives engine braking you dont mention if its man or auto, in the man the engine nearly stalls as you pull up and depress the clutch lots of engine shudder.

glend
01-11-2011, 01:27 PM
You have put this thread in the XJ/MJ Forum you know?

Better move it over to the KJ FOrum. SO in answer to your question, first what did they do at the service? Was the fuel filter changed? Sounds to me like they did not bleed the air out of the fuel head after the filter change.

freedomkj
01-11-2011, 03:02 PM
it is an auto will be taking it back to the dealer wednesday morning

freedomkj
01-11-2011, 03:06 PM
yes they did change the fuel filter they also carried out fuel injection clean, cleaned injectors flushed upper fuel lines and injector rails cleared the ecu code etc idle you could here the difference in the idle frequency

dazza96
01-11-2011, 03:57 PM
sounds to me you still have a air leak somwhere in the fuel systerm

Deezelweazel
01-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Since the fuel filter array is the same like in the xj you will experience the same problems.
You might have an air leak or some air in the fuel lines.
Since it is a common rail engine it is more difficult and dangerous to bleed due to the very high pressure.
Let the dealer fix this!!
Good luck to you!

junglejuice
02-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Maybe this should be moved to the Kj section.....

Easy Rollins 1
02-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Mates patrol had a small gauze filter on the pump,had to be towed back to Brissie from Ballina.Lucky he had top RACQ cover.

Not sure on the Jeeps....just putting it out there.

Deezelweazel
02-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Same arrangement as in the XJ's. Same filter, same crap...

freedomkj
02-11-2011, 06:18 PM
new to this how to move this to the kj section or kj forum

glend
02-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I have set up a thread on the KJ Forum for your question "KJ Diesel Stalling", have a look over there as the KJ guys will probably answer there, after reading through this thread.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1233527#post1233527

Auberon
03-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Too coincidental that it happens after a service - dealer responsibilty as Deezelweazel said. If you touch it you take on their problem.

I have on the few early occasions during ownership sent the KJ in to the dealer for servicing and it grew from 0 error codes to 9 whilst in their hands. They just had to fix it until it ran properly.
BTW - she had none when she went in.

If its diesel - may be poorly bled. Air will do it. That would be first port of call. If they changed the filter. They are not good at capturing and excluding air.

Best of luck.