PDA

View Full Version : XJ DIESEL Fuel pickup not working right?

sfedek
12-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello fellow Jeepers, I have a Diesel XJ & my fuel pickup is not working right. I have a LRA 120 Lt tank in it with the standard fuel pickup.
My problem is (& i had the same problem in my last XJ which had the same brand tank in it that cost me a mint to get fixed) when i go around a long corner with approx 40 or so Litres of fuel my engines stalls a little farther down the road.
I know that the pickup sucks air at that stage & hence stalls. I have tohand pump the fuel to prime the filter again to get it going. I can overcome this problem by always having over half a tank plus in it all time. This is not the right fix though.
Have any of you guys had this problem or do you know how the fuel pick up works. Not just any fuel pickup but the diesel XJ one!

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eddy

sfedek
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Any ideas guys?

drgn1708erin
12-11-2011, 09:35 PM
mate my 2 cents, if your LR tank is deaper than the standard tank , u r always going to hav the same problem when you use the standard pump/ pick up on the LR tank. the pump pick up goes with in mm of the floor of the standard tank.

If you needed to borrow a pump/pick up to look at, ive got one you can borrow.

regards aaron

sfedek
12-11-2011, 09:47 PM
mate my 2 cents, if your LR tank is deaper than the standard tank , u r always going to hav the same problem when you use the standard pump/ pick up on the LR tank. the pump pick up goes with in mm of the floor of the standard tank.

If you needed to borrow a pump/pick up to look at, ive got one you can borrow.

regards aaron

Thanks Aaron.

I got a spare one too. I know they are spring loaded & yes the LRA tank i have measures the same as a standard tank for the pick up position to the floor. They are spring loaded incasr you bottom out, that way they don't break. I think the seal on the intake is sucking air on my spare one. Any how I will pull mine apart soon.

Eddy