PDA

View Full Version : 1997 XJ Diesel Engine Mounts

Balkanac
22-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Hello everyone,

I need a set of engine mounts for my diesel XJ, not sure if they are the same as the petrol model. I searched this site and the internet, some say they are the same, some say they are not.
Just wondering f someone could shed some light on this and possibly let me know where i can get a set from

Thanks

Mudmonster
22-11-2011, 04:05 PM
they wouldnt be the same the only one that might be the same would be the gearbox mount.

i too would like to know where you can source them from? other than the Jeep dealer.
one is looking a little worse for wear

XJeepers
22-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Wooders perhaps?
http://www.wooders.com.au/

Balkanac
22-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Found them here: http://www.wooders.com.au/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=17473.03

Thanks for the link XJeepers

Mudmonster
22-11-2011, 05:34 PM
no thats not them, wooders doenst have them i tried.
them ones i believe are for the early 90's 4cly petrol XJ's

the VM Diesel one look like these

layback40
22-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Hopefully DW will tune in & tell us about a place to get them from in Europe.
I have often thought it should be possible to use some sort of shackle bush in them.
You would have thought they would have adapted trailing arm bushes into them.

Balkanac
23-11-2011, 05:01 PM
wooders came back to me saying that they dont have them, searched ebay too, no luck. I dont really want to call jeep aus, it will be a ripoff even if they have them.
Does anyone have any other ideas?

XJeepers
24-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Rock Auto;
Mopar Spares Australia;
Poly 4x4;
Jeep Engines Australia;
Quadratec (ask for USPS to save on shipping costs); or
Morris 4x4 (ask for USPS to save on shipping costs).

Watch for difference between LHD and RHD mounts. Not sure if they are different like the petrol or not.

Check the stealership price first as it might be just as cheap to get them from Jeep than what some of these guys might charge (if they even have them).

Good luck.

frog53
26-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Hi Bakanac,

Yep, as mudmonster has shown in the photos their the one's you need. I replaced mine in January of this year. I used partszoneonline.com. They are in Hickory, PA. USA. I dealt with a chap called Bill MARKIVICH pgparts@comcast.net. I found him to be very prompt and knowledgeable.

My parts were left mount 52059201AC $79.81 US - right mount 52059200AC $187.41 US and transmission mount 52058539 $87.05 US shipping freight was $90.00 US. If you haven't already compared the AUS price at your local stealership either ring them whilst sitting down or if you go in to the stealership take along a single bed mattress to place on the floor so you will have something soft to fall on. I don't know why the right mount is more expensive but it's the same here.

All three mounts are able to be replaced even if you are a novis, money saving is enough to make you have a go. The drivers side mount took me a whole day, it is not hard but tedious. You have to remove the oil filter adaptor and will have to replace all the "o" rings, unfortunately they can not be obtained from partszoneonline you need to obtain them from the stealership. If you decide to purchase them from partszoneonline I would be placing my order now, mine took 10 days to arrive - it was around this time last year I ordered mine and Bill apoligised for the delays as there was very heavy snow in December.

Good luck,

regards,
David

Balkanac
13-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks frog53, i'll take a look at that site.
I have called jeep aus, they want $400 each!!! 3 weeks wait, ex Germany!!