PDA

View Full Version : Please help corner lense upgrade!!

Pre 97 XJ Limited
01-12-2011, 11:25 PM
hi guys im in need of some help i have the standard orange corner lenses but i want to upgrade to these clear euro style but the new ones have lights in them but i dont know where to get a wiring harness for them if any one could help me i would be so bloody happy thank you!!51454

51455:wall::-(

junglejuice
02-12-2011, 05:01 AM
If you're handy with a soldering iron it is pretty easy to do, idon't know that you will find one that plugs straight in....

Mudmonster
02-12-2011, 03:15 PM
i did the same thing to mine i have the update model though.
i took my light into the local auto shop and got some T10 socket that where similar and trimmed the edges to fit in the hole and then tapped them into the indicator loom.

i think it cost well under $20 with the sockets and wire

about a 10 min job a side,

the only place you would find a plug in loom would be the US, but its not worth shipping them in.

if you want to know more i can take some pics and upload them, just let me know

rodxj
02-12-2011, 04:00 PM
After reading your post, I wandered down to the shed to suss out some old XJ junk I have around the joint. I found the little repeater lights on the front guard have the same fitting as the original corner covers. So with that, zip down to a wrecker and scrounge for a pair of them on a wreck. The (only) one I have has a fair bit of lead so they should do the job.