PDA

View Full Version : TJ under belly cleaning

nath545
20-06-2012, 03:29 PM
hihi,

Due to unforseen real life struggles lately (not really that unforseen), I have put myself in a position where I need to sell the jeep :( pretty gutted but it is what it is.

The under belly of the TJ is slightly caked with dried up mud/dirt. I have cleaned it before but not extensively and its still there. Sort of like it has stained the body frame.

I thought about sanding it back enough to spray paint the visible parts black for a nicer look when selling it. Is it worth it? and will sanding it back and spray painting it even work effectively? or possibly another way of cleaning it up easier?

Ordering a few things online for it like a some soft top replacements and a new warn bar (apparently its illegal not having one lol). The jeep is relatively stock atm except for the tyres and small mods.

Any help on the cleaning part would be much appreciated :)

Tassie Jeeper
20-06-2012, 07:38 PM
see if u can dind someone with a hot water kartcher i know arb locally here have one thats 200 degrees and will clean anything

nath545
29-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Will give it a shot. Thanks :)

Auberon
29-06-2012, 03:26 PM
I am quite physically broken.

That's is a good idea -the hot water one I mean.
As another idea:
To clean the top and bottom of my KJ properly I have a lance for the Karcher which is about 4 feet long with a fixed bend of 45 degrees (gives an included angle of 135 deg) and an adjustable nozzle. You can reach right under and over with minimal bending - which I fond hard. I think it was originally termed both an under car cleaner and a gutter cleaner in their catalogue so as you can imagine the jet is pretty adjustable but it doesn't have the benefit of hot water as suggested by Tassie Jeeper.

Hope that helps too.
Good luck.