View Full Version : throttle body spacer

TJ-JeepersCreepers
13-07-2012, 08:41 PM
hey everyone just stumbled across a throttle body spacer whilst looking for better fuel eficiancy options
so if anyone has one on their jeep please let us know what you think about it, is it worth it? is it noticable throttle response? is it more low end torgue like they say?
any help is appriciated

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/throttle-body-spacer-4-0l-6-cyl-aa310-510.html
this is what im looking at unless anyone has something better

justjeeps
13-07-2012, 10:05 PM
i have a poweraid spacer only thing noticable for me was throttle response its only a cheap mod so worth it

TJ-JeepersCreepers
13-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Cheers mate
I got a mate that's told me about them I trust him with my life just not my car. He reckons he know a everything about cars but some of the shit he says makes ya second guess so just thought I'd ask around

itchy
13-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Waste of time and money, same as the chips

TJ-JeepersCreepers
14-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Waste of time and money, same as the chips

how is that?
im trying to find dyno proven results on the power and torque i know if wont be much but id like to see

bonza
14-07-2012, 07:02 PM
how is that?
im trying to find dyno proven results on the power and torque i know if wont be much but id like to see
because it's a gimick that simply doesnt work, maybe a placebo affect on motorists who want to believe in them

bit like the energy polariser Peter Brock fitted to his Holden, meant to align the molecules in the vehicle. complete loadacrap

itchy
14-07-2012, 10:42 PM
how is that?

Have back to back dyno print outs on the Jet chip, ask Poly 4X4 about it,wonder what he,ll say
NO THEY DONT WORK!

fil
14-07-2012, 10:53 PM
T/B spacer is kinda a knock off idea from a carby spacer except on a carburetted engine it will actually make a noticable difference due to the change in intake runner length amongst other things. I noticed no difference when i fitted one to my 4.0 tj, i tried many diiferent combinations as well, snorkel/no snorkel, CAI/stock, before and after camshaft upgrade. If you really want to give one a go im pretty sure i still have it out in the shed, im in rocky, drop me a pm next time your in town and come round and grab it. Also have a bigger throttle body here somewhere as well, that will make more difference than the spacer.

TJ-JeepersCreepers
15-07-2012, 11:08 AM
That's everyone you's saved me a few bucks cheers anyway a lot of help