PDA

View Full Version : Diff and XFer case lugs - Umpossible to remove!

stiiixy
27-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Hey guys, I'm trying to chuck in a new heavy duty SYE and drive-shaft and doing the uni's on the front and the pinion seal while I'm at it. I'll be f'd if I can get the diff centre nut off, and again with the transfer case front. I need to get the yokes off. Both are about 28mm or 1-1/8's in size. the rear one just slid off (which was scary). I'm throwing nearly 90 kilo's at these things with a 300mm breaker and still not getting a budge.

Any idea's!? I dont have an impact wrench or oxy and WD doesn't seem to be helping much =D Not that I expected much from it here.

lifted TJ
27-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Need a longer bar and make sure ur undoing the nut.

stiiixy
27-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Uh, thanks?

I went so far as to use the front drive shaft for extra length. An extra metre and a half. Still no go. Obviously I dont care if that shaft is bung, I need this to happen on the transfer case at least.

I'm still not sure if I can remove the transfer case cover (both rear-shaft bell and rear cover's) without removing that front yoke, either.

stiiixy
27-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Wooders told us a trick; just tap the breaker with a hammer, replicating the action of a rattle-gun, until it gave way. Took another 20 minutes but she finally popped!