PDA

View Full Version : Cairns Mechanic Needed - Help please

Morgs
04-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Two days into our trip to the cape and the rear diff went in Rocky. The guys didn't seem to bother replacing the axle seals when the ring and pinion were replaced so now the left axle is leaking like no tomorrow. Is anyone able to recommend a shop in cairns that has a seal kit for a d44 and can do the job. My wife is losing faith in the car and i am not prepared to do the simple job myself with only a high lift. A hoist would make it a 2O mins job if i pulled off the hat for them and replaced the fluid which i was planning on doing in cairns as the diff would be run in by then. We just arrived in townsville this afternoon but the dealership was closed. All help is greatly appreciated as we won't make the cape with all the water crossings without working seals. Excuse the format this has been sent from my phone.

valpacer
04-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Morgs, nephew is in cairns (navy) used to have worked TJ, have messaged him will let you know. Dave

Morgs
04-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Dave, thanks so much mate. The misses is trying to talk me into spending two weeks in port douglas by the ocean but i would go insane sitting in one place for that long. Terry.

valpacer
04-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Hey Mate, spoke to his missus, he's at sea ATM, but she said to try these fellas

info@nqjeepclub.org.au

Ill keep trying him tomorrow, they get reception every now and then while picking up Indonesian travellers :-)

Morgs
05-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks Dave, i'll send them am email now.