PDA

View Full Version : swaybar disconnects

zookman
08-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Heys guys about to purchase some JKS TJ wrangler front disconnects, I have OME 2inch springs plus a OME 10mm spacer. I seemed to get a lot more lift than that after install, I guess because the standard springs were very sagged.

Anyway the question is should I go for the 0-2inch disconnects or the 2.5-6-5inch ones, have read somewhere that the longer ones can cause a problem?

Also I am running 33x12.5 with long travel rancho shocks, was hoping to get away without a body lift, any chance of not running a body lift with the swaybar disconnected or are the tyres going to smash the fenders.

Thanks in advance John.

wes
08-09-2012, 09:22 PM
I have OME 2" lift and got the 0-2" JKS Discos (part # 2000)

I'm not familiar with the OME 10mm spacer :confused:

I'm also running a 1" BL and 33x12.5 and the tyres have still taken out the fenders.

This can be corrected with proper bumpstopping but for now, my fenders are the bumpstops :hammer:
So without a BL, it would be even worse.

zookman
08-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks Wes, looks like I will have to do the body lift.

Tassie Jeeper
08-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Thanks Wes, looks like I will have to do the body lift.

with the correct bump stopping it will prevent the tyres hitting the guards and even without a body lift still out flex most toymotas or pootrolls

up to u in the end id try bumpstopping it and leave it like that til u lift a wheel on the trail and decide it needs more flex;)

zookman
08-09-2012, 10:56 PM
thanks tassie, I have extended the bumpstops some, i guess I should disconnect the bar and do some flexing and see what is in order.

Thanks John.

nitrobrent
09-09-2012, 07:18 AM
I've got 2"ome lift plus 20 mm spacer on 32's and hit the guard on full flex ,it bends the lip on the join with the flare.
As Tassie said ,it will out flex most.I had a Patrol owner yelling stop at me .I thought I must have broken something,no,he wanted to get his camera for a flex shot.