PDA

View Full Version : Wrangler 1998 will not start

nedrichards
05-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Hello all,

i have got a problem with my 1998 wrangler, the car will turn over but will not start. At first it would fire and go 5/10 times then slowly got worse untill now it will not start at all. I have replaced the crank angle sensor and also the ignition coil. I have checked all fuses and relays they all seem to be fine. I have been over and over wiring etc etc. Im lost as to what it could be. Thanks for any ideas you may have.:wall::wall:

Sontssonts
05-10-2012, 08:25 AM
You don't have it in your post so just to clear it up, what's the story with the battery?

And when it did start, did it run ok?

nedrichards
05-10-2012, 10:52 AM
i have got a problem with my 1998 wrangler, the car will turn over but will not start. At first it would fire and go 5/10 times then slowly got worse untill now it will not start at all. I have replaced the crank angle sensor and also the ignition coil. I have checked all fuses and relays they all seem to be fine. I have been over and over wiring etc etc. Im lost as to what it could be. Thanks for any ideas you may have.

justjeeps
05-10-2012, 12:05 PM
is it getting fuel ? i had my old 98 tj do this was my fuel pump

nedrichards
05-10-2012, 03:21 PM
yes it is getting fuel and i can hear the fuel pump for a few seconds on ignition, i thought it could be fuel pump also as a friend said there has to be 45 psi going through the line. I disconnected the fuel line before the injectors and there is fuel there but Im not sure of the pressure? i will check this next. Could you still hear your fuel pump when yours was not starting ? thanks alot for your help.