PDA

View Full Version : Write-off Parts - Please Help!

TomT
10-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey Guys,

I've got a 2005 TJ Wrangler in Sydney which has just been written off, a guy crashed into it while it was parked, apparently he was distracted by a fly!

I've got some nice muddies on it which I want to keep and so I want to change them over but I've got no others, I'm looking for any set of 5 tyres/wheels which will fit, the balder the better, don't even care if they don't match or are flat :)

Also I've just put a reconditioned started motor in it which I'd like to hold on to, if anyone has an old one, if it's not working all the better, I'd love to get my hands on it.

Obviously I'd like to spend no money on these items but I'd be happy to pay a nominal amount for them.

Please Help, it's getting picked up on friday!

Cheers, Tom. :)

garth
10-10-2012, 02:04 PM
be carefull on what you do, insurance companys take lots of photos when they inspect a car to assess it, if they pick it up and notice that the wheels are missing you might loose out in payout.

TomT
10-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Cheers mate, I'm thinking of running the line "I have two sets of wheels, muddies and these ones, I just happened to have my 'street' ones on when the accident happened" :)

Tassie Jeeper
13-10-2012, 06:32 PM
just buy it off the insurance and then u can strip it off all the parts u want and then sell the rest for scrap

Abraxix
13-10-2012, 06:43 PM
something you may want to think about in your description..

if you get 4-5 bald / flat tires, won't they kind of think this was just an accident waiting for YOU to cause and have happen, if you want another set of tires, think about getting at least pairs, and if they are going to scrutinize on that. it could kind of put up flags :)

Tassie Jeeper
13-10-2012, 09:54 PM
something you may want to think about in your description..

if you get 4-5 bald / flat tires, won't they kind of think this was just an accident waiting for YOU. it could kind of put up flags :)

should not matter as the vehicle was parked when the incident commenced ;)

bonza
14-10-2012, 12:05 PM
insurance companies are not idiots.

they hate parting with money and if they can get out of paying up on a claim due to some legal technicality they will. just ask some of the flood victims around Carisbrook Vic from a couple of years ago

furthermore, they know all the tricks and if they smell a rat they will act on it, so having odd-bodd tyres, even if the vehicle was parked during an incident will get them being very suspicious