View Full Version : Death wobbles be gone, no really, i think they are gone !!

BradleyFutter
12-10-2012, 09:03 PM
it may be early days, but i think im finally free of the twitching twitch of the front end (death wobbles) upon every bump, high speed or breaking...

Ive been slowing buying what i need to get all the front end geometry back to factory spec. Ive installed adjustable front upper and lower controls arms. After about 50kms today ive yet to have any dramas. smooth as a babies bottom, drives like a new car now.

the caster (after install my 2.5" lift) was sitting at a bit under 2 degrees caster (official reading from alignment test), and now im sitting at something between 6-7 degrees compliments of a degree tool i installed on my phone. I believe factory spec is a range of 6-9 degrees?

last thing i would like to adjust is the sway bar, ive got adjustable sway bar links, but i dont know what the factory spec is? can anyone recommend or suggest?

planning on buying new rims very soon, so when i get my current rubber put onto the rims ill get another official reading done with alignment and see what the official difference is. but it seems caster has a huge factor in death wobbles, well for my setup in any case.

SeaComms
12-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Congrats on sorting out your wobbles. I got rid of mine on the JK the same way, by increasing the caster.

As for the sway bar, this is what you are looking for.

http://www.4x4xplor.com/images/JKS-QD/jks10b.gif