PDA

View Full Version : xj limited sus

stig0000
17-10-2012, 08:59 PM
gona be lifting my xj soon,, just reading on whats needed, but no one has talked about lifting a limited, with lowerd sus and abs, dose the limited have shorter brake lines then say a sport?? and is there anything elce that is diffrent compared to a standed model, other then spring hight?

Raisins78
17-10-2012, 09:39 PM
JJ? From all the kits ive researched (Im still deciding on a make of lift kit) they all are rated from a limited height, so A 3 inch lift is 3 inch on yours, but 2 inch on a sport.
Not sure on brake lines, but I tend to air on the side of caution anyway, so I would get longer braided brakelines anyway.

mato
17-10-2012, 09:45 PM
suspension wise sport think i the sport is only a 1" different apart form that all is the same
how high are you going i have a 3" lift sport and have made some small mods but the brake lines clear with not troubles

UKXJ
18-10-2012, 01:25 AM
I bought my 2000 Ltd with a 2" lift. Apart from the springs nothing else seems to have (been) changed. It was done, I think, in 2003 - seems OK.

I only recently learned that Sports are higher - but then there aren't many of them here, to make the comparison.

stig0000
18-10-2012, 06:54 AM
its only gona be a 2-3in lift, im never gona go over 30-31in tyres but would like more flex, so gona just get some lines made,

rainman
18-10-2012, 06:59 AM
you can have my (front) 2 year old Rubicon express lines for $100 delivered. nothing wrong with them, I just can not use them with the brake upgrade kit.
generally I have found ordering pre-made braded brake lines from the states much cheaper than getting them made up locally- where possible.
good luck with it.

on the go jeep site he shows how to drop the brackets and inch or so- probably be more than enough.