PDA

View Full Version : AG's believe it or not?

anthonygubbin
23-10-2012, 10:37 AM
This is really bizzar. Two days ago my horn starts blowing while I am sitting inside on the lounge. I pull the wires and call the RAA. They say they can not fix it as it is an open circuit and needs an auto electrician. So Mon I call one ready to book it in today and get it sorted. Well last night I thought I will change the battery as stranger electrical have happened before. Well what do you know the problem sorted itself. The prob was a dodgy battery, failed load test. Now I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen? Mine is a 98 XJ Sport.

Regards A

anthonygubbin
24-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Replaced the battery yesterday with a Belco. Perfect no problems with the horn and it actually fires up easier on gas.

Regards A

Cypher
24-10-2012, 12:56 PM
well I'm gonna say it:

It's a Jeep thing.

anthonygubbin
24-10-2012, 03:14 PM
well I'm gonna say it:

It's a Jeep thing.

Yepp must be, I would not have believed it if it did not happen to me. What an auto electrician said it may have been something to do with the security system.

Regards A

ozjeepster
24-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Your elec guy was in the right track mate for a similar problem , my 01 Xj did the same about 1 am one Tuesday morning , I thought it was being stolen & ran out but naked with a baseball bat & there was no one there hahaha finally traced the problem to a short or rub through in the main harness near the dip stick , all indicators where it was a faulty skim unit but the wire that had rubbed through was connected to the sentry system lol took me 3 weeks to finally track it down lol ;)

Dustbowl
24-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Your elec guy was in the right track mate for a similar problem , my 01 Xj did the same about 1 am one Tuesday morning , I thought it was being stolen & ran out but naked with a baseball bat & there was no one there hahaha finally traced the problem to a short or rub through in the main harness near the dip stick , all indicators where it was a faulty skim unit but the wire that had rubbed through was connected to the sentry system lol took me 3 weeks to finally track it down lol ;)

Bahahahahahahahaha that's so funny!!!

Some good pointers, I can't wait for Dusty Dans believe it or not :mrgreen:

And I think cypher is on to it much better with the "jeep thing"

But in honesty, it sounds like its her revenge for you busting that CA bracket AG :p

junglejuice
24-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I had an issue with mine years ago now where it would run rough, checked everything like plugs etc and they were all good, it was suggested by a fellow member to replace the battery and seeing that my XR6 battery was struggling to start the car I decided to buy a battery that would fit it and try it in the Xj, fixed all the running issues despite the battery spinning over the Xj with no issues, it then saw service in the XR6 for around 18mths before it was an issue in it so it was a good win....