PDA

View Full Version : My Jeep is bloody great!!

Dustbowl
24-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Well contrary to all the airways telling us miscellaneous problems with jeeps here and there, I'm here to tell everyone about dusty dan's XJ Cherokee and some tails from a certified bush mechanic ;)

My Cherokee is by far the most awesome car I've owned and I can't fault her.. At all, she has the go under the foot to humiliate some punk p plater in his commie/skyline/supra and she has twice the capability than a lifted and locked cruiser, she is rugged, reliable as two bricks and only breaks when the wallet is getting fat, like a gentle tap on the shoulder reminding me of the perils of materialistic greed :p

As a work car I get a brand spanking new prado every year, and it's humiliating, it's boring, bland, uncomfortable and gutless, I sometimes sneak the jeep away on trips just for the fun of hitting the dirt roads, seeing the sights and living life,

So if you want resale value, buy an investment property... If you want a 4x4, buy a Jeep.

Cheers,

Dan

Richo
24-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Lol, did you hit your head on something?

Oh, you're serious?

Dustbowl
24-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Lol, did you hit your head on something?

Oh, you're serious?

Hahahaha some call me crazy....

But this is my rendition of the truth :)

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13828/smashpc.gifhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/forum/smileyvault-popcorn.gifhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/forum/thumb_smileyvault-nospamhere.gif

jeepboy91
24-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Well contrary to all the airways telling us miscellaneous problems with jeeps here and there, I'm here to tell everyone about dusty dan's XJ Cherokee and some tails from a certified bush mechanic ;)

My Cherokee is by far the most awesome car I've owned and I can't fault her.. At all, she has the go under the foot to humiliate some punk p plater in his commie/skyline/supra and she has twice the capability than a lifted and locked cruiser, she is rugged, reliable as two bricks and only breaks when the wallet is getting fat, like a gentle tap on the shoulder reminding me of the perils of materialistic greed :p

As a work car I get a brand spanking new prado every year, and it's humiliating, it's boring, bland, uncomfortable and gutless, I sometimes sneak the jeep away on trips just for the fun of hitting the dirt roads, seeing the sights and living life,

So if you want resale value, buy am investment property... If you want a 4x4, buy a Jeep.

Cheers,

Dan

finally someone has my opinion... heh you think you show up the odd p plater... on my red P,s so i get every bogan trying to race XD

Dustbowl
24-10-2012, 09:59 PM
finally someone has my opinion... heh you think you show up the odd p plater... on my red P,s so i get every bogan trying to race XD

Hahaha best of both worlds... "do I burn this tosser off, or just laugh when he gets booked by the cop at the next intersection"
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/forum/smileyvault-rotfl.gif

Hamsteh
25-10-2012, 07:48 AM
I've had similar experience these past 6 years Dusty Dan! My first car and while she's kept me on my toes every now and again with the odd sensor or engine mount, I love her to bits and she's done everything I've asked and more time and time again!

eksjay
25-10-2012, 09:25 PM
I have had mine since 95.

I still have it.

If auto makers kept making such cars, they would be outa business....

Dustbowl
25-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I have had mine since 95.

I still have it.

If auto makers kept making such cars, they would be outa business....

Haha it's scary because it's true...

Dustbowl
25-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I've had similar experience these past 6 years Dusty Dan! My first car and while she's kept me on my toes every now and again with the odd sensor or engine mount, I love her to bits and she's done everything I've asked and more time and time again!

It's true, you don't just buy a jeep, you build a jeep, it becomes part of you in a way...
And XJs always have more to give! :p

junglejuice
26-10-2012, 07:07 PM
It's true, you don't just buy a jeep, you build a jeep, it becomes part of you in a way...

Very true, very true, just ask my missus!!!!

Sounds like you are well and truly hooked, I must admit that as much as I like driving my XR6 the Jeep is very addictive....

timmy91
26-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Yep gotta agree 100% by far my favourite car I've had never looked back.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Crawlerpaul
26-10-2012, 07:55 PM
I am 6 months in on owning my xj and so far so good, touch wood. Honestly every time I get home from work, there is my awesome xj waiting for me. I drive a 2011 ford ranger for work and we have a 2011 Mazda cx7 as our family car, but the xj make me smile the most. I bought it knowing what to expect and I expect nothing more or less. It is what it is, a xj jeep, for that I love it. Would I like a JKU.....maybe but then I couldn't justify the extra $25000 more than my xj cost me, and I tend to think I would be to precious with it anyway. My $3000 xj does what I need it to do and more, will have to get out wheeling with you Dusty Dan!!;)

rupicon
26-10-2012, 09:08 PM
i love my xj its almost stock and realy just my work horse its been reliable and never failed a rego
how good a 4by would they have been with a d44 in the back from the factory