PDA

View Full Version : Need Advise Please

TJ Brad
30-10-2012, 08:32 AM
G'day fella's,
just a quick question, I've currently got a 1 1/4" body lift with 2" coil spacers on stock coils in my 2000 TJ and i was wondering if i put my new 2" lift coils in would that cause a drama with the driveshaft ?
I'm assuming it would but i wasn't too sure.
cheers

Kiwi Jeeper
30-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Well, if you leave the spacers in then you would have a suspension lift of 4 inch. In that case you are likely to have problems with rear driveshaft geometry. At that height it becomes a bit interesting without SYE. Having said that, every Jeep is different. You may be lucky and not have any problems.

Sontssonts
30-10-2012, 08:50 AM
The body lift won't affect the drive angle so you can keep that if you like it.

Are you going to replace the spacers with the lift or will it be extra?

Replacing is not a worry as you aren't increasing the height but anything over 2-2.5" and you will more than likely get vibes from the incorrect opinion angle. To counter that you need an sye. To go with this you need a new ds as well.

slayer
30-10-2012, 09:01 AM
I was running 2" springs and spacers and I had a SYE but still stock front end ie control arms and the vibes were horrid!i took out the spacers and it drove fine.and as was said before the bodylift won't affect.

TJ Brad
30-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Alritey, I was going to run it with the spacers as well but I know i need a SYE and shaft once you get above 3", i was thinking about just taking the spacers out for now and go with the 2" lift coils and keep the body lift.
what do you think is the safer option: no spacers 2" lift coils or just wait till i get a SYE and shaft and save having to double back and put the spacers back in ?
cheers for help fella's ;)

slayer
30-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah 2" and no spacers should be fine without SYE,but as Kiwi said every keep is different!!and its not hard to put spacers in at a later date.what size rubber are you/planning on running?

slayer
30-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Oh and if you want to put the spacers in later you will need front control arms upper and lower to sort out the front end!!as I said before I tried 2" springs and spacers without it and holy crap!!reach 60ks and hit the slightest bump it felt like the whole front end was about to tear out lol

Sontssonts
30-10-2012, 11:27 AM
you may find the rear pinion angle becomes a bit harsh even with the sye if you do the 2+2=4 combo. you would need adjustable arms for the rear then as well then.

another thing to consider is the travel of the shocks. if they are part of a 2" kit they may not have enough length for an extra 2" spacer.

TJ Brad
30-10-2012, 12:39 PM
cheers *slayer* I'll deffiently be getting new control arms now that you've said that, and im running 33's on the big girl at the moment but once they've done there job I'm thinking about upgrading to the 35's.
I see were your coming from *Sontssonts* about the shocks thats why i went and bought a new set of 4" teraflex 9550 shocks which i installed last weekend. Rides alot better to the 2.5" toughdog shocks i had under it. Yet again thanks heaps for all the info fella's :D