PDA

View Full Version : bootspace/that gap under the back seat

shakes
01-11-2012, 10:55 AM
You know the one. That wasted space that's caused from pushing your esky up against it.

When funds allow I'll have a cargo barrier and drawers. Has anyone made a bag or similar to fit back there and hold things neatly? I hate my current just stuff stuff in method.

Was thinking of employing my old girl to make a nice canvas bag that's kind of self supporting and will hold bits and pieces in place rather than have it flying everywhere when I pull the esky out.

junglejuice
01-11-2012, 11:45 AM
When I built my drawers I allowed for the space you are referring to to be used by the battery on one side and the drawer on the other resulting in very little space wasted, you'd be lucky to fit your hand in the cavity that was created but I guess it depends on the drawer depth etc, my drawers are overly deep due to the fact that I run a 50l Waeco fridge on top of it and I still wanted the lid to be able to open and due to the fact of the lift gate I had to make sure that the fridge wasn't too high otherwise the lid would hit the rear windscreen....

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x451/junglejuice72/Storage%20unit/060_resize.jpg

Antiferret
01-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Subwoofer enclosure?!?!?

maybe a membrane like water tank. mahe a 90 deg vertical wall to back the seat, then stuff a membrane tank behind there. if it going to be hard to access when loaded, it may as well be something that won't need to be taken out as often?