PDA

View Full Version : Another sagging rear end.

Jaymz
07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Hey guys, I put in a Dobinsons 2.5inch lift with full leaf packs about 18 months ago and have been very happy with it. I have just installed a rear wheel carrier and noticed the extra weight is sagging the rear springs a bit. I'm just wondering the easiest way to get it back up to the proper height. Helper spring? Add-A-Leaf?

Cheers for any suggestions.

anthonygubbin
07-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Hey guys, I put in a Dobinsons 2.5inch lift with full leaf packs about 18 months ago and have been very happy with it. I have just installed a rear wheel carrier and noticed the extra weight is sagging the rear springs a bit. I'm just wondering the easiest way to get it back up to the proper height. Helper spring? Add-A-Leaf?

Cheers for any suggestions.

Wooders JKS boomerang shackles will give about 1" of lift without losing flex. For just over $100 it is a simple, cheap and quick job.

Regards A

Cypher
07-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Wooders JKS boomerang shackles will give about 1" of lift without losing flex. For just over $100 it is a simple, cheap and quick job.

Regards A

This is what I'm gonna do, I have Rough Country 3" lift with full leaf packs and rear wheel carrier, the rear isn't as high as I'd like and plus the new springs are hitting the frame on compression, boomerang shackles will fix both these problems.

Jaymz
07-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Yeah I hadn't even thought about new shackles... think I'll head this route as well...