PDA

View Full Version : Xj cherokee rear shocker replacement brackets

Tuffeb
17-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Found these on eBay usa

Any one over here in aus make them?

My shocker bolts are threaded one snapped off

I've researched the replacing with bolts idea but I like these brackets for long term reliability

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=190579652607

junglejuice
17-11-2012, 05:14 PM
These look pretty simple to make, you just need to be aware of the reduced travel afforded by the spacer at the top...

Tuffeb
17-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Yeah 1 inch
I plan to raise the car more so wont be a problem

Really don't want to wait for them from usa

lawler
18-11-2012, 01:09 PM
its the bump stops will be more inportant to space down than to lift it more

Tuffeb
18-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I need the brackets to fix broken bolts

Not to extend my shockers...

lawler
18-11-2012, 01:19 PM
but will space the shocks down a bit. so ill be checking travel so as not to smash the shock

cheezel
03-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Can't remember 100 percent but when the bolts shore on my rear shocks I did a bit of reading. Result was to pull up the carpet & cut a hole with angle grinder in floor pan to get access to the shock mounts and could then smash off cold chisel) the old spot welded nuts and replace the whole lot with decent bolts then run a bead of silicone around the cuts, and put the carpet back over the top.
Took me about an hour to do, but the article said about halfa.. I think second time around you could do it in that time :-)

Reason for this ramble is that it looks like you have to pull up the carpet and drill holes to attach the mount in the first place, which is probably about the same amount of effort..?

Have fun!