PDA

View Full Version : 4.7 ltr stroker any good

onyxjeep
18-11-2012, 05:57 PM
hey jeepers i was on the internet the ohter day and came across jeep engines Australia and was looking at the remade 4.7 ltr stroker that they can install. i was just interested if anyone has it installed or know if they are both good and reliable, as they are very expensive. Heres the link if you are interested http://www.jeepengines.com.au/Search/index.php?S_yea_pro=&S_mod_pro=2&S_cat_pro=1&S_subcat_pro=1009&S_mak_pro=1&Search.x=51&Search.y=15

WJeep
18-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi Onyx.

I had a Jeeps Engine motor installed maybe 3 years ago and no complaints at all regarding the quality of the item. Everything it was promised to be.

Had an issue with the service from the company, however being fair to all parties, this was a combined issue between Jeep Engines and my chosen mechanic - both were making each others life harder than it needed to be.

Excluding that comment, I am satisfied with my purchase - can't say I am over the moon about the engine - let's face it - it is an expensive thing no-one wants to do, but no issues as to quality.

Richo
19-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Mine has one of their 4.7 stroker engines, was installed by previous owner.
It has been reliable with no issues 100%.
I think it has more in it as I'm running the standard ECU, so I may get a Diablosport tune done one day when I have a spare $1200 or so.
Whilst its no V8, thats said, its definitely stronger than a stocker whilst regularly getting slightly better overall fuel economy than a similarly set up/tyred/geared TJ with stock motor.

Is it worth it? Each to their own, but for the money I'd say no, stick with a well maintained and tuned 4.0, extractors, bigger throttle body, top quality plugs and leads etc.

Windex
26-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Mine has one of their 4.7 stroker engines, was installed by previous owner.
It has been reliable with no issues 100%.
I think it has more in it as I'm running the standard ECU, so I may get a Diablosport tune done one day when I have a spare $1200 or so.
Whilst its no V8, thats said, its definitely stronger than a stocker whilst regularly getting slightly better overall fuel economy than a similarly set up/tyred/geared TJ with stock motor.

Is it worth it? Each to their own, but for the money I'd say no, stick with a well maintained and tuned 4.0, extractors, bigger throttle body, top quality plugs and leads etc.

That's pretty interesting to read Richo as I thought that it would be chalk and cheese between the 4.0 and 4.7 in terms of power as everything you read out there indicates that they have some serious get up and boogie. I had been thinking that was going to be my next big mod for the XJ, but you have made me reconsider.

onyxjeep
27-11-2012, 09:00 AM
thanks for the help guys. I wont get one at this stage anyway ias my stock engine on 240,000 kms is still puring like a kitten but something maybe to consider in the future.
Thanks