View Full Version : TJ Airbag light and cluster panel issues.

smallfry
24-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Hey Guys,

Been having issues with my cluster panel (Tacho and Speedo) intermitaly cutting in and out as well as the airbag light coming off and on. I have tried another clustur plug and cluster panel. The airbag light was off and on when I first purchased the Jeep and the guy said they came on when he had the car detailed.

Today I pulled the fuses for the airbags, and the gauges started working again, but the Airbag light is on constantly. I know the easy fix is to pull the globe, but its not really ideal. Anyone have or heard this problem before?

wes
24-11-2012, 10:35 AM
When the airbag light is on, does the horn work?

If the horn doesn't work as well, it's a sign the clockspring needs replacing.

smallfry
24-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Yeah mate, horn works fine. Checked the ground on the firewall aswell

cj5350
27-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Early TJ's have two horrizontal plugs to connect the dash unit to the cluster...check that they havin't gone into backwards into the dash a bit

smallfry
11-12-2012, 08:23 AM
I have replaced the plug already. Going to try and get hold of a clockspring off someone and see if that is it :/

hophoar
11-12-2012, 05:39 PM
sounds abit like my problem, have airbag light and cluster lights/ engine on when I go to turn the ignition off the engine keeps running then after I stall it the lights sometimes go out by themselves. Going to replace the ignition switch module see if that fixes it.
Cheers,
John.

smallfry
12-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Jeep electrics! Shame they couldn't of made them as tough as the motor!