PDA

View Full Version : Second fuel tank install? anyone help?

Raisins78
10-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Hi all.
I have purchased a second hand 55-60l tank for my XJ (1995 petrol)
Its a brand name tank (cant think of it right now, same as you had and were selling JJ....) but it is designed to sit under the floor towards the back, on the passenger side.
Since it was second hand, it didn't come with all the pipes, so I have bought a few extra's to get it done.....
My problem is, after having a quick look under the car, and changing all the fuel lines, filter etc at the same time, I am wondering how the hell I get the second tank to work.....
I can do the lines between tanks, wiring etc but where does the filler hose go to?
I see no spot to run it, hell I can't even see the factory tank filler hose (im guessing it is inside the rear quarter panel?)

Has anyone done this mod on an XJ? did you have to cut a large 45-50mm hole in the floor pan etc to run the filler hose? did you use two separate fill holes, or a Y piece to join into the factory filler hole?

Would really appreciate some advice from someone who has done this mod before and where they ran there filler hose....

Big Dave
11-12-2012, 06:26 AM
I'm guessing it's one of these http://thelongranger.com.au/cherokeelongrangefueltank.html give them a call and ask if they will send you a pdf of thier install instructions which will include a parts list. I'm sure they will sell you the bits you are missing. Also mentions the t piece for the filler. I got a Long Range Automotive replacement tank second hand a few years ago & they were more than happy to supply me with the install instructions. Diff company I know but can't hurt to ask.