PDA

View Full Version : tj upper control arm bushing on tj

garth
18-12-2012, 10:16 AM
hey guys, time has come, got to the point that i can no longer drive this car with the durrent issue, so bit the bullet and decided to get a new control arm kit, both upper and lower, got the control arms off, but having issues with the upper control arm busing on the diff, do these things slide out? or are they pressed in? casue mine is 100% jamed in there.

any advise would be wonderful.

garth

Cornelius
18-12-2012, 10:44 AM
They should slide out ..........hit with hammer mate .......

Cornelius
18-12-2012, 03:39 PM
They should slide out ..........hit with hammer mate .......

Sorry mate misread what you were asking ............I have no idea :confused:

zOOjeeper
02-01-2013, 02:00 PM
i bought the prothane replacemnt bushing kit and it took 2 of us and a 6 tonne shop press to get the lower ones out, after that didn't worry about the uppers. The instructions advised to BURN them out

sssadamsss
02-01-2013, 03:01 PM
i read burn them out with a torch, then cut the shell along the inside and it should cave in.

garth
03-01-2013, 09:15 AM
i got it

ended up using a 32mm holesaw and cut the internal part of the bush out, then used a hot blade and scraped a section of the remaining bush out of the slot, so i had metal. then used a hacksaw and cut along the remaining metal part of the bush and caved it in on it'self. that was the easy part. instalation was more challanging. ended up making some little setup for my hydrolic cable crimps to press them in as far as they would go, then drove them home with a hammer the rest of the way. i wont be doing the upper arm on the diff again. stuff that. it was painfull.