PDA

View Full Version : Dodgey Dan's Day Off

Dustbowl
19-12-2012, 10:31 AM
So doing some odd jobs around the house this morning I strained my back, it quite hurt so I had the day off, this morning I went out to see my friend who is a physio and she did a great job and I had to force money on her for her help :p
I went a got some coolant, Dixie horns :mrgreen: a lemon tree for mum, some shit for dad, went looking for my missus a nice necklace (never found anything) etc etc,
Got home had to go out again :wall: on my way back she got hot... Very hot, the temp gauge went off the charts, I lost power steering and aircon, the final stretch home this big piece of shit Hino 500 at the speed of a continental drift down the road ruined my only hope of getting home, I pulled up at the back gate and she emergency shut down :wall::wall::wall:
I'm found back up now to solve my overheating issues once and for all!

Bogged
19-12-2012, 01:59 PM
I'd say your belt has snapped or a pulley decided it's had enough pulling and left! If you lost a/c and power steer, that means the serpentine belt system has failed somehwere in my opinion.

Dustbowl
19-12-2012, 02:03 PM
I'd say your belt has snapped or a pulley decided it's had enough pulling and left! If you lost a/c and power steer, that means the serpentine belt system has failed somehwere in my opinion.

Yep, idler pulley packed it in, explains the no cooling either :hammer:
I just pulled the old water pump off to find its perfect :wall:
Clutch fan should do much more now its on solid ;)

layback40
19-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Are you taking your Physio to the cape ?
You cant make a quick visit when you are 1/2 way there !!
Make sure you replace both idler pulleys. If one is cactus the other wont be far behind. Probably best to replace your belt as well.
While the belt is off, give the alt a spin to hear what the bearings are like.