PDA

View Full Version : Extractors

banky
24-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Hey all, last night my 96 sport started sounding like a tractor so I'm wondering where everyone has bought their extractors from and other exhausty bits

Thanks

Windex
24-12-2012, 01:33 PM
I got my cat back sent over from the states(Iron Rock Offroad). Was a good price, I also picked up a cat at the same time as I thought mine was dead(but it wasnt just making a rattling sound). Was about $450 landed from memory.

anthonygubbin
24-12-2012, 01:40 PM
I got my cat back sent over from the states(Iron Rock Offroad). Was a good price, I also picked up a cat at the same time as I thought mine was dead(but it wasnt just making a rattling sound). Was about $450 landed from memory.

Was that $450 just for the exhaust (cat back)? My local exhaust bloke will do a high flow system (cat back) for under $200 fitted. Extractors $300 but he won't fit them he said, too much trouble.

Regards A

bruggz351
24-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Was that $450 just for the exhaust (cat back)? My local exhaust bloke will do a high flow system (cat back) for under $200 fitted. Extractors $300 but he won't fit them he said, too much trouble.

Regards A

Holy crap A.

Will he post??

cheers

anthonygubbin
24-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Holy crap A.

Will he post??

cheers

I think you'll find that most exhaust places are about that Bruggz as long as you go to an independent, not Midas. I got two quotes from independents for the Jeep and the price didn't vary much at all. So my guess is he is not really that cheap. Seems ironic I know but when I was looking for an exhaust years ago for my old EF, Repco's were more than double the price and that didn't include fitting. I was blown away when I discovered an exhaust place including fitment will be cheaper than anywhere else. Now I don't even bother with car parts stores for exhausts. Keeping in mind though that the system will be galv steel and not stainless.

Regards A

banky
27-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Well I don't mind fitting anything myself, I'm handy enough on the tools. Just really want to find somewhere I can but stuff off the shelf, that people have used before and are quality pieces. And being a bit hard up for cash, I'd rather do something once than twice

bruggz351
27-12-2012, 04:47 PM
I think you'll find that most exhaust places are about that Bruggz as long as you go to an independent, not Midas. I got two quotes from independents for the Jeep and the price didn't vary much at all. So my guess is he is not really that cheap. Seems ironic I know but when I was looking for an exhaust years ago for my old EF, Repco's were more than double the price and that didn't include fitting. I was blown away when I discovered an exhaust place including fitment will be cheaper than anywhere else. Now I don't even bother with car parts stores for exhausts. Keeping in mind though that the system will be galv steel and not stainless.

Regards A

Not around here man...:toilet:

Last year I needed to replace the tailpipe on our commodore and the bloke refused to replace the muffler with a straight pipe. Insisted off the shelf replacement parts were cheaper. @ $180 inc fitting.:mad:
Sold it instead:wink: (the commodore)

cheers

anthonygubbin
27-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Aldinga Radiators is his name Bruggz but I doubt whether he would send stuff to Qld. I don't think he would even have a credit card facilty. The replacement pipe was a straight through system that he quoted me on. People must be stricter up there on what they fit on vehicles, in regards to exhausts anyway.

Regards A

bruggz351
27-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Hmm. Might just try a few places in the next town. See what sort of reception I get from them.:|

I have to do something with the rear exhaust now as it hits on the diff centre. Common prob with this swap so I was expecting it.

cheers

Roler
28-12-2012, 07:19 AM
If you from around Brisbane, Right Price Exhaust is doing a fair price and fast service.
Did mine there, no hassle. Not sure if they have shops elsewhere too.

banky
28-12-2012, 07:54 AM
How much if you don't mind and what did you get done

junglejuice
28-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Banky, I have a set of extractors here that I can do you pretty cheap...

Pm me if you're interested...

banky
29-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Jj, thanks for the offer. I hope you will still have them in 3 weeks as that's when I will get paid next. More trying to find out how much it's going to cost me so I can adjust my budget

a_boogs
29-12-2012, 09:05 PM
i bought a set of rugged ridge extracters from Wooders Garage about a month ago for about $300... he has them in stock regularly and they bolted straight up no worries....