PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problems

motas
26-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Hey guys. Having issues with my jeep tonight. Turned lights on and the wipers started going, left indicator dash light stuck on, no dash lights and lights flickering. Any ideas what could be the cause?
Thanks.

SeaComms
26-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Heard this sort of thing a couple of times now. A few solutions I have heard include; bad earth connection; bad battery; or even as simple as disconnect battery for 1/2 hour or so to reset the computer.

Good luck!

motas
26-12-2012, 08:15 PM
I did just put a new battery and battery terminals in. Could this have anything to do with it?
Thanks.

motas
27-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Was a bad earth connection. Thanks for your help you were spot on.

Tassie Jeeper
27-12-2012, 06:57 PM
i had this problem after getting my car back from arb (it as a faulty earth)

either loose terminal on battery maybe but more than likely a loose earth wire on some aftermarket part u installed (good luck figuring out which one):shock:

just go through and loosen and re-tighten all ur earths and if dirty give em a clean and some crc/wd40 or equivalent

motas
27-12-2012, 07:18 PM
I found the one. On the grill by the headlight. Never touched it so it must have just shaken loose. Nice and tight now.

Tassie Jeeper
27-12-2012, 08:14 PM
I found the one. On the grill by the headlight. Never touched it so it must have just shaken loose. Nice and tight now.

glad to hear u got it sorted quick there are ALOT of earth wires in a jeep lol:cool:

motas
27-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Was good I was checking headlight wires and happened to bump it with my wrist and noticed it was hanging out a bit. Wasnt even looking for grounding wires haha. Made it a quick and easy fix though.

Jonny Jeep
28-12-2012, 02:51 AM
The reason that bad ground brought the wipers on was that the headlamp was scavenging ground via the wiper washer pump and through the wiper switch which trips the wipers. You don't get water coming from the washer jets because the current flows the wrong way through the pump motor so it spins backwards. You may have found it sooner if I'd got onto the forum yesterday.