View Full Version : Breather extensions

Sontssonts
31-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Plumbing my lockers and thought i would extend the breathers at the same time.

I have the front and rear lockers and transfer case, but i cant work out if the auto gear box has one (2005 TJ). the FSM doesn't seem to refer to it at all but i may have overlooked it.

Does anyone know definitively if it has a breather or not?

And while im at it, is there anything else i should be considering 'water level' wise?

Cheers

anthonygubbin
31-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Plumbing my lockers and thought i would extend the breathers at the same time.

I have the front and rear lockers and transfer case, but i cant work out if the auto gear box has one (2005 TJ). the FSM doesn't seem to refer to it at all but i may have overlooked it.

Does anyone know definitively if it has a breather or not?

And while im at it, is there anything else i should be considering 'water level' wise?

Cheers

Look down the passenger side of the trans it should have one.

Regards A

Sontssonts
31-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks AG. is that where it terminates or is the filter in the engine bay and im just missing it?

anthonygubbin
31-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks AG. is that where it terminates or is the filter in the engine bay and im just missing it?

No it should terminate there. I thought the TJs had a similar trans in auto models as XJs. If yours has a filter on the breather then they are not the same. Better ask somone else. Either way though if you go to the side of the trans and look for a rubber hose then you can pull it down and join a peice on.

Regards A

anthonygubbin
31-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Forget what I said Sontssonts my bad I thought the later auto TJs had an AW4.

Regards A