PDA

View Full Version : stupid fu#%*%@#$$^#&@%#cking jeep!

SKU113
09-01-2013, 02:17 PM
can someone please tell me are there any other models that have the same draglink as the tj or xj? I pulled my whole steering setup apart today at my wifes work, replaced the steering box which took nearly 4 hours coz i couldnt get to the hoses and 2 hours of that was to get the pitman arm off. the puller they had was to big so first we tried to fab a bit of steel to go around the arm for the puller to grab onto but it still wouldnt budge. hit it with the oxy to see if that would free it but still nothing. went and bought another puller then that wouldnt fit either. hit that with the grinder then even once it fit it still wouldnt move, just the puller started to pry open. eventually got it off with the a big g clamp on the puller, an oxy on the arm, my wife on the rattle gun and another guy wacking the other side with a bfh. unbelievable!!! so, after all that got the new box back in and moved onto the tie rod ends. when i checked the joints the fixed one on the draglink seemed fine so i just got the other three replacements coz they were stuffed. put the new one on the draglink no dramas. realised i had taken the nut off the end of the stabilser bolt that i didnt need to so tried to put that back on only to find the end was all screwed up so had to use a die to chase the thread back. finally went to fit it back onto the car when i find the end of the thread on the fixed joint is screwed as well and when i tried to fix it the whole thing just started spinning so it is completely stuffed! the trucks now stuck at my wifes work, had to walk home in the heat and im now completely stuffed coz my work van is broke at the moment to and i have a lot of work on the next few days with no vehicle. not to mention how impressed the missus is about the whole situation! one of the worst days ever! so yeah back to my initial question. i have to try and source a replacement draglink asap so are their any other models other than the tj and xj that will fit it? or is their anyone in townsville or nth qld that has a spare? i know i can and will eventually have to get a new one from wooders but if i cant find one tomorrow im screwed.

Richo
09-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Its the Jeeps fault?

SKU113
09-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Its the Jeeps fault?

its always the bloody jeeps fault! definitely not mine anyways! lol

Dustbowl
09-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Hahaha that's really really really shit, your best bet is to weld a bush and cut a new thread, it'll be ordinary to drive but you will get home, and depending on how you do it, it may last forever :p

Jimmyb
09-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Depends where your located, someone might have a spare one.

Morgs
09-01-2013, 08:31 PM
If your only issue is no steering stabiliser as a result of not having a bolt I wouldn't be worried. I am still running a 2005 TJ on 33's with a stock stabiliser that is cactus. Did the cape in August without any dramas. So long as all your other ends and panhard are sweet you could run a TJ without a stabiliser most days of the week if your steering setup is in order.

If you start to get death wobbles don't drive it but your wheels aren't going to fall off just cause you can't attach the stabiliser.

TOYROX
09-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Lol. Please keep us updated with the next episode.

SKU113
09-01-2013, 09:54 PM
lol I know it was a bit long but you might want to reread my post Morgs. Your right driving with no stabiliser shouldnt be to much of an issue but driving without a Draglink might makes things a little tricky, especially in the steering department. And will do Toyrox. I got a few ideas from Wooders on how to bodgy it up until I get a replacement so ill be back in the morning (thankfully a mate has lent me his ute) and we will see how it goes I guess fingers crossed.