PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding my lift

kingofsideways
17-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Questions regarding my lift, i currently have a tj with RE long arm lift kit with 5.5" of lift the shocks i have are OME and these are the only numbers i can see on the shocks them selves

N67L

D 07MR05 3

i have emailed ARB and got this in return
The shock you have asked about are our long travel shock for your 3” and 4” springs and are for off road use only

What i want to do is drop out the 5.5" coils and put in some 2" coils i have to bring the ride height back down but i want to retain the shocks i currently have for travel length.

I am unsure if the shocks i have are internally bump stopped or not so i dont want to run the risk of bottoming out the shock, has anyone used these shocks with 2" coils?

My only other option is to run some coil spacers but would rather not. What do you guys think would be the best way for me to go or any other suggestions would be awesome :)

Cheers Longy

cj5350
17-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Pretty sure you can just leave you existing bump stop and run shorter spring and it should be fine.. It will have bugger all upward travel and the coils will unseat if you flex it up.. But in the end you are going to have to get shorter shocks if your going to stay with 2 inch coils..

Wooders has both 2.5 and 3.5 inch Rubicon Express coils and given your sig say you run 33's .. I'd be going 3.5 with your long arms