PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Fan Hub Bearing

Moss
19-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know where to get one of these from? Its the part between the fan clutch and engine bracket. Or would someone who has gone to an electric fan be willing to part with theirs (I will pay of course)?

I know you can get the whole bracket but that's quite exy.

Adrian D
19-01-2013, 06:30 PM
I have bad news for you :(

You can only get the complete assembly, which costs over 300 euros new from the dealer and has a lead time of 20 days.

I took mine apart and the bearing inside is a 50mm long bearing. So I ended up getting a used assembly and the old one is on hold, until I have time to figure out what bearing solution to use.

layback40
19-01-2013, 07:03 PM
I have bad news for you :(

You can only get the complete assembly, which costs over 300 euros new from the dealer and has a lead time of 20 days.

I took mine apart and the bearing inside is a 50mm long bearing. So I ended up getting a used assembly and the old one is on hold, until I have time to figure out what bearing solution to use.
Is it like a parallel bearing ? I would have thought that you could put a number of conventional bearings side by side if its 50mm long.
I guess one day when mine fails I will find out.

Mudmonster
19-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Im pretty sure I got a couple of the complete housings in the back shed. Ill have a look in the light and let you know by tomorrow

Adrian D
19-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Is it like a parallel bearing ? I would have thought that you could put a number of conventional bearings side by side if its 50mm long.
I guess one day when mine fails I will find out.

I couldn't tell too much but the outer race is long, with a hole on one side (for adding lubricant I assume). Can't comment anything about the design (ball bearing or needle bearing) or the inner race.

More than likely you can get away with a few bearings stacked. I also recommend a press. Without a press I couldn't get the shaft out of the bearing.

Moss
20-01-2013, 05:31 AM
Im pretty sure I got a couple of the complete housings in the back shed. Ill have a look in the light and let you know by tomorrow

Thanks for that.

Mudmonster
20-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Thanks for that.

Hi Moss,
You are in luck, i have found one, it still has all the fan attached so i will have to remove it. the bearing feels good, smooth and no movement.

do you need it asap?

i will pull the fan off today anyway,
can you send me your postcode for the postage price,
then we can negotiate on a price.

Moss
20-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi Moss,
You are in luck, i have found one, it still has all the fan attached so i will have to remove it. the bearing feels good, smooth and no movement.

do you need it asap?

i will pull the fan off today anyway,
can you send me your postcode for the postage price,
then we can negotiate on a price.

I sent you a PM.