PDA

View Full Version : Firestone Tyres

eksjay
28-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Wondering if anyone is currently running their XJ with Firestone Destination tyres. Tirerack and other sites have this tyre rated very highly by users.

Have you had a good experience with your Firestones? Namely, good traction, and longevity?

I understand that Firestone had issues with their production at one point that led it on a collision course with Ford.

Since owning my XJ from new in 1995, I have put the following AT tyres on:

-OEM Goodyear Radial Wrangler (AT) - only decent on the sand and dry blacktop, otherwise, a load of CRAP.
-Pirelli Scorpion AT (the pure AT) - it is lamentable that I did not buy another two sets of this tyre - what an outstanding tyre in all conditions
-Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour - A good tyre but the original 225/75/15size is hard(er) to find now.

ick72
28-01-2013, 08:43 PM
i havent used them but have a mate using them and he loves the road ride and grip plus the off road traction

Jaymz
28-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I have a mate running them on his Nissan Pathfinder and he can't talk highly enough of them, he's done almost 40,000k's and seems to have at least 1/3 tread left. He doesn't treat them nicely off road either. Only reason I didn't get them was because I bought muddies.

Mitch
29-01-2013, 05:28 AM
Xlint tyre.Had em on me XJ 4 app 2yrs.got em 2nd hand with less than 2000k,s on em.Good in dry offroad down to app 12-15 psi,xlint on wet bitumin.

Billnick
29-01-2013, 07:04 AM
Wondering if anyone is currently running their XJ with Firestone Destination tyres. Tirerack and other sites have this tyre rated very highly by users.

Have you had a good experience with your Firestones? Namely, good traction, and longevity?

I'm running them. Good all rounder in my opinion. Quiet onroad, average offroad, pretty sure I've done over 40,000 and holding up well.