View Full Version : Which TJ dashes are interchangable?

filtheminer
30-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Hi,

I just bought a 2001 TJ and the PO had spraypainted the interior. I'm looking to replace it, but I'm not sure which years have the same dash.

It seems to me that '97 to '02 should be the same. The part numbers show some things are the same, but others are good for only certain years. Since there's no clear dividing line, I'm not sure if its just color codes that weren't offered every year or if they really did change the pieces that many times.

If anybody has sorted it out, I'd really appreciate the advice.
Thanks,
Phil

filtheminer
01-02-2013, 07:33 AM
After asking around, a US outfit told me that the '97 through '02 are completely interchangable except for the instruments themselves. The lower panel (by your knees) is slightly different as the earlier models have a dash mounted headlight switch and the later a column mounted one.

Just in case that helps anyone else.

minmark
01-02-2013, 06:19 PM
The instrument cluster changes with the next gust of wind, virtually every year. But in regard to the panel and surround, it's pretty much the same except for colours - which is hard to notice anyway. Just check that it has the same options ie passenger airbag, buttons etc.