PDA

View Full Version : squeaking noise in my tj 2002 :(

Divan
31-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Hey everyone, I'm totally all out of ideas on what the cause of the squeaking is!
It happens every time I take the clutch out, I thought it might be the transmission fluid as I had a new clutch installed about a year and a half ago, I changed the transmission fluid and yes it made the shifting smoother but the squeaking is still there :s
Also I find that when the car is warm I have trouble shifting into 1st and 2nd..

Does anyone have any idea of what it could be and how to fix it?
(thought clutch bearings might be the issue, but hoping it isn't and don't know how to check it myself :s)

Any tips would be helpful :)

Thanks, Divan

TassieTJ
01-02-2013, 06:14 AM
Did it make the same noise before the clutch was fitted ?

If it only just started making it again the its the throw-out bearing

Divan
01-02-2013, 06:25 AM
it never made the noise, it only started about a month or two ago..

TassieTJ
01-02-2013, 06:41 AM
its the throw-out bearing then for sure.....

Divan
01-02-2013, 09:20 AM
thanks heaps mate, It's not an easy job to do by yourself aye?

Sontssonts
01-02-2013, 10:24 AM
ive never done a jeep, but done the clutches in landys. Its pretty straight forward, but heavy and bulky and time consuming. Id be more inclined to pay someone now that i know whats involved haha :)

Divan
02-02-2013, 01:57 PM
ive never done a jeep, but done the clutches in landys. Its pretty straight forward, but heavy and bulky and time consuming. Id be more inclined to pay someone now that i know whats involved haha :)

haha thanks for the heads up, il most probably buy the part, and then take it to a mechanic.