View Full Version : Installed T-Case drop now jumps out of reverse

C0xy
11-02-2013, 02:16 PM
i finally got around to installing my Transfer case 1 inch drop kit (been away for 3 weeks) and now the shifter keeps jumping out of reverse gear....

i have read on an american forum that this can happen and you need to cut the sheet metal and rubber boot around the bottom of the shifter to fix it..

has anyone else had this happen and fixed it? if so how?

thanks

sht50
11-02-2013, 04:29 PM
yep had to do it to mine when i did a body lift. pull the gearshift surround and you will see why it is doing what it is doing. you dont have to cut to much at all.

C0xy
11-02-2013, 04:31 PM
yep had to do it to mine when i did a body lift. pull the gearshift surround and you will see why it is doing what it is doing. you dont have to cut to much at all.

Ok do i need to cut both or can i get away with just cutting the rubber boot?

C0xy
12-02-2013, 09:59 AM
after pulling apart the gear surround it seems as though it is just the gear boot bunching up and pushing the stick out of gear.. yet to work out how to fix this

Moses
12-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Could replace the shifter with a different unit like a B&M or Hurst
I have the B&M in mine and it great and no issues

Sent from a rooftop using the Bat signal

C0xy
12-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Could replace the shifter with a different unit like a B&M or Hurst
I have the B&M in mine and it great and no issues

is it hard to replace? where can i get one and how much?

Moses
12-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Mine cost just over $200 shipped from the states

It is as simple as 4 bolts to change and make sure the bushing in on the new one

C0xy
13-02-2013, 03:03 PM
UPDATE: problem fixed, i removed the gear surround trimmed the plastic bezel about 10mm at the bottom and trimmed the metal retaining clip to match, reinstalled and all good can't even tell its been cut. Thanks to Victoro for the advice.

If anyone else has this issue this is the easiest and cheapest fix, feel free to message me if help is needed.

Sam