PDA

View Full Version : TJ titanium axles:)

MADbunyip
15-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Have just ordered the Titanium axles for the front of my TJ :) i have had all the gearing done with chromolly alloy USA previosly and was basicly waiting for my front axles/uni to crap out before ordering new ones - would you belive the front unis/axles are factory and have lasted a few years of abuse with me wheeling 35's and a lokker, careful but hard wheeling !!! pretty cool considering i have busted many land patrols CV's in the past and stock jeep are considered to be weaker - yes the unis are stuffed but still intact, the caps have come off and have been replaced a few times, the latest effort was to tack weld the little suckers on - the are all loose with no grease and woble/vibrate and sound terrible - but are still being wheeled - new complete titanium axles and unis from DBOR should go ok - they have a sealed rubber boot filled with grease around the uni's :p:p yeeaahh

Nemesis
15-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Just to let you know, they are "titanium" brand, not actually made out of titanium. LOL

MADbunyip
15-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Yeah chromolly , but still sounds cool :)

yetiboy01
15-02-2013, 01:03 PM
There the cheap copy of the rcv's interested to see how they go considering they are nearly half the price

Sent from
yetiboy01's iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosie
17-02-2013, 06:46 PM
I've been amazed how well my stock front axels have held up. I've managed to twist one rear and break another and blown 2 diffs and the front axels are still straight and loving it.