PDA

View Full Version : What is a good 4" lift for my TJ?

Damosjeep
15-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Hi guys,
I've been researching lift kits for a while now for my 2006 TJ 65th edition. I already have a 2" suspension lift and running 32" tyres. I plan to run 33" tyres after the lift.
I want to upgrade to a 4" suspension lift but having trouble choosing what brand to go with. My local 4wd shop quoted me just under 5G for a Teraflex kit with SYE and CV driveshaft. I've looked at the American made Rough Country "x series" kit but the front track bar is only made for left hand drive jeeps. Also customs will sting me. Then I was told OME make quality strong gear but I haven't been able to find a 4" kit made by them.
As for SYE and driveshafts Ive been told American made Tom Woods is the ulimate. Any advise on these parts would greatly be appreciated.

slayer
15-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi guys,
I've been researching lift kits for a while now for my 2006 TJ 65th edition. I already have a 2" suspension lift and running 32" tyres. I plan to run 33" tyres after the lift.
I want to upgrade to a 4" suspension lift but having trouble choosing what brand to go with. My local 4wd shop quoted me just under 5G for a Teraflex kit with SYE and CV driveshaft. I've looked at the American made Rough Country "x series" kit but the front track bar is only made for left hand drive jeeps. Also customs will sting me. Then I was told OME make quality strong gear but I haven't been able to find a 4" kit made by them.
As for SYE and driveshafts Ive been told American made Tom Woods is the ulimate. Any advise on these parts would greatly be appreciated.

Mate if ya got the coin go the Teraflex for sure!!what does it have I the kit?upper and lower control arms front and rear,adjustable panhard,drop bracket for the rear,extendend brake lines.
Ome is good qual stuff but yeah I'm pretty sure they only run 2.5".
Tom woods=awesome!!!
Other kits you can look at are the rubicon kits from wooders!for a little more coin you could go a long arm kit.
Anyway hope that helps a little!!
Im sure most ppl here would agree!!
Good luck with it mate!!

Damosjeep
15-02-2013, 08:01 PM
The Teraflex website doesn't go into to much on the description except 8 flex arms and track bar. I'm not overly familiar with all these parts but the photo looks like it also has brakelines and quick disconnects,rear trackbar bracket and bumpstops. This kit is slightly pricey but if people know of this being a quality kit I will buy. About the SYE and driveshaft has anyone used any Australian made ones the can trust? Otherwise I'm looking at forking out more hard earned cash to get ones from the states. Does anyone have a Teraflex kit? It may sound good but do the springs sag after a while? Is it a terrible drive on road?

Sifter
15-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Rough Country is pretty nasty

http://claytonoffroad.com/index.php/cPath/17

brenttj
15-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Get onto sbr offroad better pricing

Sontssonts
15-02-2013, 10:33 PM
I have the 4" Tera. I've only had it in for 6 months though. I love it so far. Not as good as a long arm I imagine, but all the components are good quality, easily serviced or adjusted. Drives well, just about to do a 4.5hr drive on it so will give you an update:p

Extras you will need/recommended aside from the sye and dc:
Rear shock brackets
Front adj trackbar
Rear adj trackbar

SBR got it in for me