View Full Version : What shocks should I put in my TJ 4" lift?

Damosjeep
14-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Hi guys, I'm soon to put a Teraflex 4" shortarm kit in my 2006 TJ. I want to put a good set of shockies in. As much as performance off road I want the best ride on road as I possibly can.
So far I've looked at the Teraflex VSS 9550 shocks and the Rancho RS9000XL. As far as I'm aware OME don't sell 4" to fit a TJ.
Has anyone been running any of these two shockies at 4''?
What do they perform like on and off road? Or has anyone got a better option?

low ranger
14-04-2013, 04:49 PM
I use the Rancho 9000`s & I`m more than happy with them. I like the ease of adjustability too. I`d like to upgrade the mounting system with the Iron Rock Off Road bar eliminators/relocators.
Rick

Jordanwitham
15-04-2013, 03:13 PM
I have the rancho 9000xl on my 6" longarm, dad has the teraflex vss 9550's on his 3", we both prefer the ranchos way over the teraflex, a lot nicer ride, there a lot stronger, first trip out the teraflex shocks came home all dented up,

rhysTJ
15-04-2013, 10:41 PM
bilstein 5100 will be the best for it. 4'' puts your control arm angle out too much for most. at highway speeds you really want a shock that can keep up have a chat to vic from sbr offroad up in Perth! he sells them there!

I have run rancho and some cheaper brands in my tj before but nothing matched the bilsteins