PDA

View Full Version : Lost fuel cap key

slayer
04-05-2013, 12:41 PM
As said I've lost my fuel cap key:( ha anyone got any ideas of how I can get it off/open?? I need fuel lol

layback40
04-05-2013, 12:50 PM
There was a thread about this problem a few months ago. Then, the member ran over it with a lawn mower. Best you go & see a locksmith. They can probably make you a new one. Dosent your ignition key fit it?

Dustbowl
04-05-2013, 12:54 PM
1 Drill the lock barrel right down the centre, it'll twist right off :)

Ando_13
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
I had a similar problem a few years ago after picking car up from an exhaust shop, of course I had only given them the igniton key, and I had forgotten the rest of the keys. Well as Murphy would strike I was running on fumes to get home and pulled into servo, only to discover the key issue.
Well I decided to rely upon the fact the lock isn't that robust, borrowed a large screwdriver from the garage at the servo and just jammed it in and turn with a bit of force...and pop she went. Filled up and was expecting lock to not engage when screwing cap back on...however to my surprise lock still works, even locks/unlocks with key...

This will get you the next tank but as for getting a new key a locksmith or maybe dealer can get a replacement cap with new key.

slayer
04-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the feed back guys!! I think I'm just gonna get a locksmith to do it. I don't really want to drill into it cause that means replacing the cap and a potential for some swarf to enter the fuel tank.