View Full Version : $$$$$Whats it worth $$$$$

greasemonkey
18-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Well the time has come , I need to part ways with with my beloved TJ after nearly ten years . It is a sad day but I need a rig with a larger tow capacity .
Trading her in is just not an option as I would rather pass her on to someone who will use her as intended .Now my question to all in the know is what I can realistically expect to get for a semi modified TJ that is more than capable offroad already but is also a great starter for someone wishing to go futher.
Details are
2002 soft top yellow TJ sport
5 sp manual
105 000KM and in very good condition
2.5 inch lift , Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks
2inch body lift
Front extended brake lines
33 x 12.5 AT tyres on "American Racing Wheels"
4.56 diff gears (12 000KM ago)
Front auto locker
ARB rock sliders
Custom Rear swing away tyre carrier and bar
Front Mopar chrome pipe bar
Bestop window sliders
Bestop bikini top, wind jammer and duster
Extractors
There is probably a few thing that I have forgotten to mention but you get the idea.

So what do you guys think I should be asking to part with her ?
Cheers
JOEL

Richo
18-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Seriously, Tjs have plummeted since the new plastic heeps hit the second hand Market.
I'd guess $12-$15k. May be less seeing as you are waaaaay out west.

flexytj
18-06-2013, 11:19 PM
$10k .............

Toff
19-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Sadly TJ's have just started to drop in price.
Completed listings on ebay shows a lot of TJ's that haven't sold in the 10-15k range.
Although advice once given to me - you can always neg down in asking price.

skwake
19-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah its a shame. I am torn between selling mine and buying a fully specced up one or blowing the extra cash to drop a LS1 and different axles on my current TJ. Mine has 4 inch lift 1 inch body lift. HPD30 front axle, 4.88 gears and arb lockers all round, 35inch MT MTZ on MT beadlock rims, xenon flares, full barwork, swing out tyre carrier, winch lights etc etc... And I reckon even with all that I would be lucky to get $15k. More like $12-$14k.

Saw a few LS1 equipped, full coilover, Patrol axles fitted TJ's sell for $10k last year :(

greasemonkey
19-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks for your answers guys

Richo
19-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Yeah its a shame. I am torn between selling mine and buying a fully specced up one or blowing the extra cash to drop a LS1 and different axles on my current TJ. Mine has 4 inch lift 1 inch body lift. HPD30 front axle, 4.88 gears and arb lockers all round, 35inch MT MTZ on MT beadlock rims, xenon flares, full barwork, swing out tyre carrier, winch lights etc etc... And I reckon even with all that I would be lucky to get $15k. More like $12-$14k.

Saw a few LS1 equipped, full coilover, Patrol axles fitted TJ's sell for $10k last year :(

A few?

There was one, that had done the rounds, wasn't able to be registered in Vic due to the mods and the way it drove apparently. Easy to build, hard to build right.
Were there others?

Tassie Jeeper
19-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Mine has 4 inch lift 1 inch body lift. HPD30 front axle, 4.88 gears and arb lockers all round, 35inch MT MTZ on MT beadlock rims, xenon flares, full barwork, swing out tyre carrier, winch lights etc etc... And I reckon even with all that I would be lucky to get $15k. More like $12-14k.

i know the feeling i reckon my jeep would only be worth $12k
i'd hate to see what itd be worth in its current condidion :wall::wall: $3-4k

Cornelius
20-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Well the time has come , I need to part ways with with my beloved TJ after nearly ten years . It is a sad day but I need a rig with a larger tow capacity .
Trading her in is just not an option as I would rather pass her on to someone who will use her as intended .Now my question to all in the know is what I can realistically expect to get for a semi modified TJ that is more than capable offroad already but is also a great starter for someone wishing to go futher.
Details are
2002 soft top yellow TJ sport
5 sp manual
105 000KM and in very good condition
2.5 inch lift , Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks
2inch body lift
Front extended brake lines
33 x 12.5 AT tyres on "American Racing Wheels"
4.56 diff gears (12 000KM ago)
Front auto locker
ARB rock sliders
Custom Rear swing away tyre carrier and bar
Front Mopar chrome pipe bar
Bestop window sliders
Bestop bikini top, wind jammer and duster
Extractors
There is probably a few thing that I have forgotten to mention but you get the idea.

So what do you guys think I should be asking to part with her ?
Cheers
JOEL

If at all possible hang onto it as a toy mate !!!!!! They dont make nice toys like that anymore ......

skwake
20-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Pretty sure i saw 2 for sale with ls1s

skwake
21-06-2013, 06:53 AM
I guess that would be the benefit of building it yourself. You get the satisfaction of achieving a job like that and you know it is done right.