PDA

View Full Version : Help, think I fried my engine computer...

skwake
30-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Ok so I put in a Myride system into my 97 TJ yesterday and quickly tapped a ignition switched 12v source out of an empty fuse spot in the engine fuse box to test it out, took the jeep for a spin all ran beautifully no troubles etc. Parked it in the shed and thismorning went to move it and it wont start.

engine turns over but wont kick. The 12v source that was switching with the ignition for the myride compressor is gone also, traced that 12v wire back and it looks like it goes to the engine comp.

my scan gauge wont connect.

fuel gauge wont move from empty even though it has a bit of fuel.

fuel pump doesnt come on with ignition but the relay for it is good, checked that all out.

no engine check light has come on.

the only other thing I played with thismorning was changed the speedo gear in my transfer case but I fail to see how that is related.

Did I tap into the wrong wire and blow my ecu?? any way of checking it?

cheers all

sht50
30-06-2013, 02:00 PM
check all the fuses for starters. can you hear the fuel pump priming when you turn the key to ignition, should only prime for 3 seconds roughly.

skwake
30-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Nope fuel pump doesnt prime. Shorted the fuel pump relay and the pump runs, just te relay isnt getting a signal

skwake
30-06-2013, 02:18 PM
All the fuses in the engine bay fuse box are ok. I might check the ones behind the glove box just incase. But my guess would be the ecu is fried, I unplugged all the connectors to the ecu and turned the ignition again, there is no difference to anything with the ecu plugged in or unplugged.

sht50
30-06-2013, 02:55 PM
you can pull the computer out and undo the cover, checking for burnt electrical smell. you could pull it apart and check for any burnt capacitors or such.

skwake
30-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Just got back home and thought id check the fuse box behind the glovebox. Found the fuse 'PDC COILS' blown, put a new one in and its all fixed, didnt think to look there to begin with as I could only remember light/radio etc fuses in there. The little bastard!! Haha