PDA

View Full Version : TJ SOFT-TOP SIDES new or used

piggy
03-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Hi guys, my son & I just went 1/2's in an awesome TJ for his 1st car.
but it dosnt have the side curtains for the factory soft top,

Can you buy new sides aftermarket for a factory soft top cheaply, or do you have to get OME ones.

I have tried a few wreckers, but they dont want to separate the sides from the soft top.

or does anyone have a damaged soft top that they dont want or need any more, & would be happy to part with the sides.
cheers Piggy.

Ian McClenahan "Piglet"

skwake
03-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Welcome to the Jeep club! Thats a pretty cool first car. I dont know that you can buy them. You could get an upholsterer to make some but it would probably end up being cheaper to buy a whole aftermarket soft top.

Mudnguts
03-07-2013, 09:53 AM
From what I understand, Bestop make the origonal tops for Jeep so, a set of windows from their replace-a-top range should pose no problembs. They are available with clear or tinted windows too. Hit up e-bay and you can pick them up new for around $300-$400 new or a good nick second hand pair for $200ish

wes
03-07-2013, 10:15 AM
If you get a replacement set of windows, like these from Wooders, you will need to get all 3 rear windows - I've never seen NEW rear window panels sold individually.

http://www.wooders.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=525&products_id=184

97-02 and 03-06 rear window panels are slightly different. There is a slight difference in colour and type of material but more importantly, the zipper on the passenger side rear window is set up differently

flexytj
03-07-2013, 07:57 PM
i got a pile of them if you are in melbourne

piggy
03-07-2013, 11:54 PM
cheers for that guys esp the info on pre & post 2002/2003.
I have sent flexy a PM re- the piles in melb.
I bought the TJ sight un-seen from way up north, it was a typical story of a young kid that works in the mines (obviously gets payed too much) had fallen out of love with his TJ after breaking the g/box, it sat in his shed for 12mnths still with the mud on it from the day it broke. when it turned up I couldn't believe it, it was in way better condition than I had expected, this kid must have $pent a small fortune on it, with things like upgraded tranny & double cardinal jointed drive shafts, bigger diff ratios, front locka, 4" suspension, 2" body lift,adjustable control arms, diff bracing, pumpkin protectors, mickey "T" classic lock mag wheels,newish 35"MTZ's, big wooffa & amp sexy stereo & CD stacker, sound bar, uhf, arb winch bar ect ect ect.
how much you say, including door to door transport down to Briz she now owes me $4k. My son is about to turn 14 so we have a couple of years to modify it to how he wants it, before he gets his license.
the work list is:-
1 - strip it down & clean it out.
2 - fix g/box & get it driving.
3 - modify bullbar, make fat boy fender flares front & rear , make slider/side steps,make rear bar/wheel carrier (same as what I have on my JK)
4 - remove the 2" body lift.
5 - then accessorize it ( winch,spotties,LED light bar ect)
6 - replace the newish 35" MTZ's with 33" ATZ's (dont want him to loose his license straight up)

cheers piggy.

martytj
04-07-2013, 05:52 PM
awesome buy...you got it cheap buy the sounds

piggy
05-07-2013, 06:50 PM
yes. Right place right time. some times you can get lucky.

tnt
07-07-2013, 11:09 AM
got a soft top with tinted windows 4 sale $80

piggy
07-07-2013, 11:19 AM

PM you now.
whats you phone number ?
mine is 0411444897.

jeep112
07-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Don't want to try and rain on your parade, but is it a "green tj" from rockhampton????
If so you may want to look at this....
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107195
MAte spent $300 to get an inspection done, he was told to run and not look back
Good to see you back by the way ;)

piggy
08-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Don't want to try and rain on your parade, but is it a "green tj" from rockhampton????
If so you may want to look at this....
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107195
MAte spent $300 to get an inspection done, he was told to run and not look back
Good to see you back by the way ;)

FFhheeewww, no that's not it, its steel blue & from makay.
cheers piggy.

piggy
08-07-2013, 06:20 AM

Thanks for the call today Dave, its a shame there is a definite difference in the zippers after 2002, Im glad you explained it to me as now I know I need sides from a soft top 96 to 2002 not after 2002.
cheers piggy.