PDA

View Full Version : Geraldton WA Jeepers?

Hanna
01-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Hey all,

Moved to Geraldton WA from Geelong VIC for work 12 months ago and apart from semi-regular beach runs I haven't been on any decent 4WD missions - I haven't even had a chance to explore the South Gates dunes yet! :oops:

I've moved here with my wife and to be honest we haven't really made any friends outside of work (probably because I'm so busy working full-time and studying part-time) and no one that I know has a decent 4WD to go exploring with. We are starting to get a bit bored really.

I have seen plenty of Jeeps around town (mostly JK Wranglers) so I figure there would be a couple of locals on this forum who would be keen for someone else to tag along with them?

I have a '99 WJ Grand Cherokee Limited V8 with a 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, adjustable control arms and track bar, JKS disconnects and 31" Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tyres, so it's reasonably capable. I have all my own recovery gear, TREDs, tyre deflators and a compressor as well.

We are a 2 Jeep family as my wife has a 2007 KJ Cherokee CRD which is standard (for now). I also have a 2007 KTM525EXC which hasn't had a single run since I have been here.....:cry:

Anyway, if you're a Jeeper based in Gero and keen to show someone around some of your favourite tracks let me know.

Cheers,
Hanna

AroGantz
01-06-2014, 11:46 PM
How's it going Hanna? I'm a fair way south of you but I'm sure there will be some jeepers on here that could help, in the meantime have a look at the WA Safari thread, it'll give you something to look forward to in September and is only a short drive for you :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hanna
15-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Hey Aro - everything is going OK here, just a bit bored is all....

Thanks for the heads up about the Jeep Safari. I would love to go, but not sure I can get a leave pass - every long weekend the missus and I usually head away together with the camper trailer and/or catch up with friends in Perth. She's not really one for offroading either unfortunately.

Coupled with the fact it clashes with the AFL Grand Final, I'm just not sure I will be able to get there. It's a real shame because it looks like an awesome weekend, and as you say very close to where I am located :(

I have still not heard from any Geraldton-based Jeepers. Surely there are a couple of you on here?? :confused:

AroGantz
15-06-2014, 02:41 PM
I would have thought there would be, maybe something can be organised next time you come to Perth.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Das_Colonel
25-09-2014, 03:26 PM
G'day, just saw this thread. I've got a lifted black 2dr JK, might have seen me round :p I'm in Wandina.

There are a few of us in town, we probably account for most of SBR Offroad's business north of Lancelin :cool:

There are plenty of places to explore here, Southgates through to south of the Greenough River mouth, Drummonds is north and will take you all the way up to Horrocks if you're adventurous. Otherwise there are some good tracks and camping spots heading north from the windsurfing mecca of Coronation beach.