PDA

View Full Version : Optimal Work Bench Height

AnPeter90
29-12-2016, 06:34 PM
I have worked on motorcycles and jeeps for years. I have rebuilt numerous engines - so I consider myself an expert. I can tell the difference between a standard and metric wrench from across the garage. I invited my once-was-friend over for a beer and he had the nerve to tell me that my hand crafted work bench was too TALL!!!!!

What is the optimal work bench height!?!?!

Should this be set at a fixed measurement or ratio to my own height. Are we talking belt, belly button, bottom of the the rib cage, or just south of the nipples. If I am working on a carburetor I don't want to be hunched over. BUT on the hand a lower bench could provide more leverage for easier force - talking bout bringing that John Henry hammer strike down. tono para cecular (https://descargartonos.info/)

DON'T forget to factor optimal beer placement height!!!!

rustynuts
29-12-2016, 06:43 PM
A standard height for a bench is 900mm.
But realistically it should be proportional to the height of the person and what you do on it.

I find what suits most people is too high for me..but that's me.

NTRubicon
29-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Depending the task, I try to get bench heights just below bent elbow height, or at least have whatever I'm working on just below elbow height.

There is considerable merit in having an adjustable height workbench, though many of them are weight limited and/or cumbersome to adjust in height.