PDA

View Full Version : Getting pulled over in nj with ny license

MartinL
05-01-2017, 12:33 PM
A little background, I was down in jersey, I was pulling out from a shop on the side of the highway so I did the safe thing and stayed on the shoulder because traffic was heavy. I had my signal on to merge out and literally got the dreaded flashing lights in the blink of an eye. I explained to the officer nicely what I was doing but he gave me a ticket anyway for improper passing.

This is a 4 point offense in jersey. I was wondering do these points transfer to ny or no? I'm trying to decide if I should fight it or just pay.
https://downloadringtonesfree.mobi/sound-effect-tones/

Numbnuts
05-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Doubt you'll get an answer here as this is the Australian Jeep Forums, try www.jeepforum.com

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Tyvokka
05-01-2017, 03:08 PM
I'd say get on to Judge Judy. :)

I could be lysdexic, usajeepoffroad.

Redemptioner
05-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Sounds like you suffer from female indicatoritise......

The indicator is there to indicate your intent, it does not give you the right of way or even a right to change lanes. In other words, you wait for a gap, indicate then change lanes if safe, in your particular case you should have waited for a gap then indicated before you started to move.

Sounds like you were driving down the shoulder with the indicator on hoping someone would let you, I would say you are lucky you didn't get a dangerous driving charge to go with the first fine, no chance of getting off in the USA and even less chance over here sorry to say.

chris0375
06-01-2017, 07:22 AM
I can't agree driving on the shoulder is the safe thing to do. It's pretty simple you wait for a safe gap in traffic.