PDA

View Full Version : MUST READ: Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia

Jimmyb
20-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Consumer warning about Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia / James Bartlett

This announcement is for:

ConsumerMotor industry

http://aftermarketjeep.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/xlogo-new.png.pagespeed.ic.xzBI6_Z6eB.png

Consumer Protection has issued a warning about a Perth business selling Jeep parts and accessories which takes money from consumers but in many cases fails to deliver.

A total of 24 complaints have been received against Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia and owner James Alan Bartlett from consumers around Australia who have ordered parts online but didn’t receive the goods. Nine complaints remain outstanding where consumers who have paid a total of $11,230 have either not received their goods or a refund.

Although the business operates an accessories shop in Yangebup, the complaints relate to online orders made via the website aftermarketjeep

Acting Commissioner for Consumer Protection David Hillyard said Mr Bartlett has so far not cooperated with attempts to resolve the outstanding complaints.

“Consumer law states that goods must be supplied within a reasonable time and traders must not accept payments for goods and then fail to deliver,” Mr Hillyard said.

“Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia has taken a substantial amount of money from consumers who have not received their goods, and Mr Bartlett has so far failed to fulfil his promises to refund their money.

“Until the remaining complaints are resolved and we can be assured that orders placed on the website will result in the goods being delivered within a reasonable time, we caution consumers about using the website of this business to buy Jeep parts and accessories.”

Consumers who have had unsatisfactory dealings with Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia and James Bartlett can contact Consumer Protection by email consumer@commerce.wa.gov.au or by calling 1300 30 40 54. General information about consumer rights is available on the Consumer Protection website www.commerce.wa.gov.au/cp.

Media contact (Consumer Protection)

Tonka Jeep
20-01-2017, 01:40 PM
About bloody time!

Aus Patriot
20-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Only thing worse than a scumbag is a scumbag that steals from Jeepers...

Green Goblin
20-01-2017, 05:23 PM
He should be completely shut down and not allowed to be involved in any buisiness

Nanook
21-01-2017, 06:04 AM
I must of been the only one that has had a good experience with this guy. I even had his stickers on the side of my JK. That was until I realised how he was ripping off everybody else then they soon were removed.

How he has managed to escape a consumer warning for so long is beyond me.

Ausmosis
15-02-2017, 09:29 AM
God I'm so disappointed. I had no idea this guy was ripping people off until today. I spent $1800 on Jan 28 2017 only to find out today that the WA Department of commerce had posted a notice warning about his practices. The money I gave him was for a front and rear bumper for my 4 door JK 2010 and I was sooo looking forward to getting them. I also order the side window weather shields and trail rated badge. I worked so hard to put that money together (2nd job as an Army Reservist) and now have nothing to show for it. Wish I had done more research beforehand but given his FB page seemed OK and there were no complaints I thought I'd give him a go. Lesson learnt but still doesn't take away the fact I have lost a lot of money. :(

MRGC
15-02-2017, 10:14 AM
The trail badges aren't original, they fade after a few washes from car lovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ausmosis
15-02-2017, 10:27 AM
The badge I can live without but not receiving the other items is heartbreaking :(

Nanook
15-02-2017, 11:53 AM
The badge I can live without but not receiving the other items is heartbreaking :(

He has been honouring some purchases so there is still hope you will receive your order. He takes months to fulfill them though when does get around to doing it.

Keep trying to get in touch with him, if you get no reply then contact consumer affairs.

Ausmosis
15-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Thanks Nanook. I will keep trying although his website is now down and he's not answering his phone or txt messages that I have sent him. I have already lodged a complaint with the Department of Commerce in WA and have asked my Bank to retrieve the funds from his Bank account which they have commenced processing. I may need to wait a few weeks though as they give the person 4 opportunities to return the funds before further action is taken.

I'm also now waiting on Dept. Of Commerce to call me as they have transferred my case to a relevant case manager. Its still so disappointing that this has happened as I am always the first to give a smaller company a fair go before reaching out to larger companies. Lets hope he honors the order otherwise I can probably kiss my money goodbye. :hammer:

BennyWA
15-02-2017, 02:32 PM
The website is up - looking at it now

Ausmosis
15-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Thanks Benny. Lets hope he honours my order but somehow I don't like my chances. :|

BennyWA
15-02-2017, 02:55 PM
He has a personal FB page too, pretty obvious with the green Jeep on it. Otherwise go down and see him, I know I would. Surely he'd do the right thing to protect his business/reputation.
People are doing it tough now with the economy so I'd get my butt down there fast before he goes belly up..

Ausmosis
15-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Wish I could Benny but I live in Darwin so that's not an option for me :(

Ausmosis
08-03-2017, 07:47 AM
So it appears James Bartlett aka Aftermarket Jeep (aftermarketjeep.com.au) refuses to cooperate with the Department of Commerce in WA. They have made numerous attempts to contact him via various means and to date they have had no luck. As a result of this the Department has spoken to me as well as sent me a letter advising of the situation and what I need to do. My next step now is to take him to Court - Which I plan to do today.

This again is a WARNING TO AVOID and NOT TO USE this arsehat and his business.

Tyvokka
08-03-2017, 10:17 AM
All the bestmate.

JPA including a few others on the east coast need to be weeded out.

Ausmosis
08-03-2017, 07:04 PM
All the bestmate.

JPA including a few others on the east coast need to be weeded out.

Thanks I appreciate it. From what I do know the Dept. of Commerce are still actively monitoring him and working on a case against him. They wouldn't go into further detail with me but what I can say is that the more people that lodge a complaint against him the quicker the chances are that he will be shut down and then prosecuted.

Nofgvn
22-03-2017, 12:40 AM
Thanks I appreciate it. From what I do know the Dept. of Commerce are still actively monitoring him and working on a case against him. They wouldn't go into further detail with me but what I can say is that the more people that lodge a complaint against him the quicker the chances are that he will be shut down and then prosecuted.
Hey i must've been lucky although did take him 3 months to send me my lights I ordered in December.. I also lodged a complaint but it was dropped as he provided a tracking number and since then received my goods.. Goodlucl hope u get urs just keep calling / messaging him that's wat I did

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ausmosis
23-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Hey i must've been lucky although did take him 3 months to send me my lights I ordered in December.. I also lodged a complaint but it was dropped as he provided a tracking number and since then received my goods.. Goodlucl hope u get urs just keep calling / messaging him that's wat I did

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As far as I'm concerned he can get stuffed now. Had he even picked up the phone or responded to my emails I might have given him the opportunity. He's a criminal and his business needs to be shut down plain and simple. :)

Ausmosis
05-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Someone got upset with James. Appears his site was hacked and he forgot to clean all traces of the hack. He forgot to change the title back as it still has "Hacked by MeRvox"... I looked at the html source code too and the title says the same lol..... Can anyone confirm if his site was altered in any way over the last couple of weeks?

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/imagehosting/2074458e4d40d5bfde.jpg

BennyWA
05-04-2017, 09:40 PM
Just googled the site.. his reviews on google are reflecting your experience with him. Maybe you should all band together?

Ausmosis
05-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Just googled the site.. his reviews on google are reflecting your experience with him. Maybe you should all band together?

I'm already taking him to Court and hope others will too. Its the only way to shut him down permanently before he rips other people off. I'm now just waiting on a Hearing date as he has officially been served.

Tonka Jeep
08-05-2017, 02:02 PM
I'm already taking him to Court and hope others will too. Its the only way to shut him down permanently before he rips other people off. I'm now just waiting on a Hearing date as he has officially been served.

Update?

Ausmosis
08-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Update?

I take him to Court this week (Thursday). Given its an uncontested hearing (he didn't bother to respond back to my Initial Application and the the Tribunal) I suspect he will be issued with an order to pay. Will provide an update after the hearing on Thursday :)

RedPig
09-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Well fuck... Wish I read this first... I just paid for a lift kit like 2 hours ago... I'm a little worried now...

TR Laredo
10-05-2017, 06:00 AM
If you paid by PAYPAL then see if you can cancel the transaction & provide PAYPAL with a link to this thread.

RedPig
10-05-2017, 11:23 AM
it was through PoliPay... thats what hes using on his site... Gonna give them a call this arvo after work... Bit concerned that Ive heard he gets his stuff from alibaba or aliexpress... Dont want a knock off AEV lift..

Nanook
10-05-2017, 01:13 PM
it was through PoliPay... thats what hes using on his site... Gonna give them a call this arvo after work... Bit concerned that Ive heard he gets his stuff from alibaba or aliexpress... Dont want a knock off AEV lift..

Being where you are, you are better of going through Murchison Products for anything AEV. They are an authorised distributor.

http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au

Ausmosis
10-05-2017, 02:18 PM

Sorry to hear mate. Good luck getting anything from him now. Send him a text message, go to his FB page and message him. If he doesn't respond go straight to Department of Commerce in WA and lodge a complaint ASAP. They already have quite a number of complaints against him so the sooner he is shut down the better. He's an absolute fraud mate.

Ausmosis
11-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Just an update as promised - I won the court case against Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia (James Bartlett) as expected and he will be ordered to pay my money back within 14 days of the court order being served on him. A copy of the order will also be sent to Dept. of Commerce in W.A. so that they have further evidence to hopefully shut him down. If he doesn't give my money back the matter will be referred to the Local Court where charges will be laid against him for failing to act on a Court Order.

Ausmosis
05-06-2017, 11:00 AM
Just an update as promised - I won the court case against Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia (James Bartlett) as expected and he will be ordered to pay my money back within 14 days of the court order being served on him. A copy of the order will also be sent to Dept. of Commerce in W.A. so that they have further evidence to hopefully shut him down. If he doesn't give my money back the matter will be referred to the Local Court where charges will be laid against him for failing to act on a Court Order.

Further to my email above. The fckn asshat still hasn't given my money back even though he has been served. So next step now is the Local Court which will occur today to register my Tribunal case (which was found in my favour) and for the Courts to take over. I will be seeking a warrant of execution against James and then followed by a warrant for his arrest of judgement debtor.

I can't believe his web site is still operating and that the WA Dept of Commerce seem to be asleep at the wheel in regards to him. They have a lot to answer to and I'm considering taking this to the media for the lack of action on their part. James needs to be charged and jailed and his business shutdown which is what I intend on pursuing.

I think a permanent sticky should be placed (if it hasn't already) warning people of this charlatan and downright thief. I suspect there have been many more people ripped off by him since my dealing with him.

Jimmyb
05-06-2017, 07:20 PM
I think a permanent sticky should be placed (if it hasn't already) warning people of this charlatan and downright thief. I suspect there have been many more people ripped off by him since my dealing with him.

It is, and thanks for keeping us all up to date with what is happening.

Ausmosis
05-06-2017, 10:51 PM
It is, and thanks for keeping us all up to date with what is happening.

No worries. Hopefully by keeping you guys informed others who arent aware of James get to see my post before purchasing anything from him. :D

Nofgvn
21-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Good luck but the Department of commerce are friggin HOPELESS I had issues with James took him 3 months to send my goods in the meantime went through and filed a complaint with department of commerce and he then provided a tracking number and case was dropped bottom line is why is this flog still trading and why haven't they shut him down? I had issues with him in December 2016 and it's still going it's a joke how many complaints do they need to shut his business down it's pathetic and in the meantime more and more people are getting ripped off.Hope u get ur justice ✌P.s I did get all my stuff but went through hell and back to get it

Ausmosis
21-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Good luck but the Department of commerce are friggin HOPELESS I had issues with James took him 3 months to send my goods in the meantime went through and filed a complaint with department of commerce and he then provided a tracking number and case was dropped bottom line is why is this flog still trading and why haven't they shut him down? I had issues with him in December 2016 and it's still going it's a joke how many complaints do they need to shut his business down it's pathetic and in the meantime more and more people are getting ripped off.Hope u get ur justice ✌P.s I did get all my stuff but went through hell and back to get it

Dept of Commerce in WA are definitely a waste of space and time however the more people complain to them the better chances we have in them pressuring James. At some point it will come to a breaking point and they will have no choice but to deal with him through the appropriate authorities. Unfortunately Civil Court cases can also take a long time but eventually he will have to front Court. I have no doubt that this will happen and when it does I hope he loses everything he owns and is then referred and charged in a Criminal Court for theft and fraud.

kathy w
10-08-2017, 12:40 PM
He is a disgrace to the industry - my son won in court against him on Tuesday

jwrangler
10-08-2017, 09:32 PM
I had one of those orders for a different supplier and they didn't pay. I had to then take civil action against them to get my money.

I walked away in disgust at the legal system that is out of touch with reality.

Hoobz
10-08-2017, 09:51 PM
I had one of those orders for a different supplier and they didn't pay. I had to then take civil action against them to get my money.

I walked away in disgust at the legal system that is out of touch with reality.

The justice system, and a majority of the people who work in it, are just there to ride the gravy train

Incredibly out of touch with what would be in the actual interests of the masses.

Ausmosis
21-08-2017, 10:27 AM
He is a disgrace to the industry - my son won in court against him on Tuesday

Kathy,

Has your son got his money back yet? He is unlikely to pay so your son may have to pursue it further now through the Local Court as a Civil Matter. The Tribunal can only award in favour of the applicant (in this case your son) but they are powerless to enforce the actual order. If James doesn't pay your son will have to go back to the Local Court and get them to enforce the order. Unfortunately it will have to go through a prehearing and if thats not successful then a hearing yet again. If your son wins the civil case then the Court is able to enforce the order and possibly garnish his salary. He will also have an option to pay back the money in small amounts (yep it sucks but thats the way the law works unfortunately). Your son will have to weigh up whether its worth going down the Civil Court path as this will cost more money!

James is an absolute mongrel of a human being and he will get whats coming to him in time. By the way did your son put a complaint through to the WA Dept of Commerce? If not please get him to send his details and what transpired through to them including the fact he won the case through the Tribunal. They need more people to complain in order to get him shut down.

[EDIT] : Kathy if your son still hasn't got his money back he will have to pursue the matter through the Magistrates Court in Western Australia. He will need register his Judgement with the WA Courts by doing the following:

1. Fill out an 'Affidavit of Continuing Debt' - This will need to be sent to him from the WA Civil Courts (he will need to ring them and get them to send one to him via email)
2. Fill out a form 'Form 6' which again can be sent to him via email; and
3. Fax the forms through to the WA Courts on 08-94304464

On a side note, I spoke to the WA Department of Commerce again yesterday and they have assured me that the investigation against James Bartlett is continuing.

Cheers

Ausmosis
04-12-2017, 05:14 PM
If James thought he was going to get away with ripping me off (as well as others) he made a big mistake. Latest info/update - James has had his Jeep placed under seizure. :D

If anyone knows what his plate number was can you please let me know so I can confirm the number I have in my letter from the Bailiffs office.

st_za
05-12-2017, 10:58 AM
If anyone knows what his plate number was can you please let me know so I can confirm the number I have in my letter from the Bailiffs office.

From his website under the pics gallery... D 50 QQ :rolleyes:

Paul wj jeep
08-12-2017, 12:44 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171208/d830a6aa4d407fc6befee5a982d3b1a9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171208/477d324d5b972eeaf607534e24981c25.jpg

Paul wj jeep
08-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Tasmanian plates different last time I seen it

Ausmosis
18-12-2017, 07:04 AM
Tasmanian plates different last time I seen it

Thanks for the pictures. Very interesting given I was provided with a different number (1GGQ180) and it has been confirmed that it's his vehicle. I wonder if he has another Jeep or whether the one provided to me is the one you saw last time? When did you see his Jeep last and was it the same number as the one provided to me?

Paul wj jeep
18-12-2017, 10:13 AM
It didn’t have Tasmanian plates last time I seen it but it’s the same Jeep look in the back it has JPA on speaker box. I’ve seen his Jeep lots around just never noticed tassie plates before. I work in the area he has his shop I’ll call in see if it’s parked up around his shop

Ausmosis
18-12-2017, 11:02 AM
It didn’t have Tasmanian plates last time I seen it but it’s the same Jeep look in the back it has JPA on speaker box. I’ve seen his Jeep lots around just never noticed tassie plates before. I work in the area he has his shop I’ll call in see if it’s parked up around his shop

Cheers mate! He has moved from Erceg Road in Yangebup to Barrington Street, Birba Lake so not sure if you are still close by?

Ausmosis
18-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Looks like he owns two Wranglers. The one with plate 1GGQ180 is a 2011 Wrangler and the one with the Tassie plates D50QQ is a 2013.

Paul wj jeep
18-12-2017, 04:20 PM
That explains it then. Got the second one from not supplying goods and buying himself a new Jeep

Ausmosis
19-12-2017, 09:44 AM
That explains it then. Got the second one from not supplying goods and buying himself a new Jeep

Yep exactly. I can't stand people like him who think its OK to steal money from others to serve and support their own purpose/habits. He's nothing but a criminal who needs his business shut down and to be put in jail for a period of time.

****If you're reading this James, you know you have less than a week to pay me back before I take it to the next step. And believe I will and it won't end there either****

Redemptioner
19-12-2017, 12:44 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171208/d830a6aa4d407fc6befee5a982d3b1a9.jpg

We all might need to keep an eye out and help him adjust his tyre pressures if you see it parked :mrgreen:

Ausmosis
08-01-2018, 07:21 AM
FYI - James has apparently given my money back plus Court costs. I was issued with a notice from Fremantle Court advising of such late last week. I'm now just waiting on the Court to send me my cheque which shouldn't be too far away and then my matter is finalised.

I suggest anyone who has money or parts owing to them to do the same i.e. take him to Court and keep the pressure on James consistently. Yes it took my own time and money to get this matter resolved however in the end it was worth it and has placed another stain on James and his business.

I also highly suggest that NO ONE ever buy Jeep part (http://aftermarketjeep.com.au/)s (or anything for that matter) from James and his business 'Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia (http://aftermarketjeep.com.au/)'.

For the record - I work for the Department of Attorney-General in the N.T. which is why I wasn't going to let the matter rest. I am also happy to provide advice to anyone who might be going through the same issue with James and is not familiar with the legal process. Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you all the details of what you need to do through the Western Australian Local Court/Tribunal. Hopefully you too might get your money back and it'll be another step closer to shutting James down.

*** I have received a cheque from Fremantle Courts in the mail today that amounts to the originally sum owed to me plus additional court costs (almost $2,500). ***

Cheers!

Paul wj jeep
22-01-2018, 09:22 AM
I ran into a friend of James (yes it seems he has them)[emoji23][emoji23] on Friday I said nice lift he’s yeah thanks got talking about cars told me he had a friend with a nice GREEN JEEP. 2plus 2 I quickly figured out whom he was talking about. I informed him of James antics he knew nothing about it but now he does [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji122][emoji122]

Jimmyb
22-01-2018, 02:18 PM
*** I have received a cheque from Fremantle Courts in the mail today that amounts to the originally sum owed to me plus additional court costs (almost $2,500). ***

Now thats bloody good news!

TWS
20-04-2020, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately i just found this thread and forum after having paid then having trouble with this guy

Jimmyb
20-04-2020, 10:53 PM
Unfortunately i just found this thread and forum after having paid then having trouble with this guy

What issues you having? Paid with credit card? Reverse transaction?

TWS
20-04-2020, 11:49 PM
What issues you having? Paid with credit card? Reverse transaction?

was all good answering questions and helping until i deposit the cash then zero communication after that and cant get a response phone or email, except once saying refer to his terms and conditions regarding why it was taking so long to proceed with the shipping

Nanook
21-04-2020, 07:26 AM
Shipping takes so long because he orders everything from China. He just on sells all the Chinese junk you get from ebay.

TWS
21-04-2020, 07:56 PM
im pretty sure he is not planning on shipping anything

Nanook
22-04-2020, 07:29 AM
im pretty sure he is not planning on shipping anything

He isn't known for his customer service, so no, I wouldn't hold my breath that you are going to get your goods.

TWS
23-04-2020, 09:42 PM
how does he keeps getting away with it ?

Jeep'ers
14-05-2020, 12:22 AM
how does he keeps getting away with it ?

Call these guys and report and keep reporting...

https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/announcements/consumer-warning-about-aftermarket-jeep-parts-australia-james-bartlett

VYSHSV8
03-08-2020, 08:43 PM
Just letting everyone know he is still active and doing he old tricks...
Reported to Dept of commerce consumer and they said go get a lawyer after he failed to respond to there calls and emails..

I would like to know who has used a lawyer against him and JPA as I’d like to use a lawyer that has been against him already

artisanau
17-12-2020, 12:12 PM
I think I'm in the right area? I've got a 2013 JK and looking at taking care of the cylinder head misfire issue myself, but am looking for US parts suppliers and recommendations to be sent here in Aus. I'm looking at quality, price and delivery times essentially. I wasn't sure eBay would be the best solution either. I did look at Quadratec, but the reviews didn't stack up for me, but if anyone has positive experiences with them I'm equally happy to consider them.

If anyone can help with that I'd be grateful as I want to get the beast up and running again to is full potential.

Regards Artisanau (Mark)

Nanook
17-12-2020, 12:25 PM
You could try https://poly4x4.com.au/

artisanau
22-12-2020, 11:33 AM
I'll take a look, thanks Nanook

humdingerslammer
22-12-2020, 12:33 PM
I'll take a look, thanks Nanook

I don't know what parts you r wanting but just my 5c bit

1. I have dealt with Quadratec over the last 13 yrs of owning my JKU Rubicon and I have had no problems with them.They can be a little slow as they act as a "collect and despatch" business for some items that they may need to access from elsewhere in the USA. They have willingly agreed to refunds where the mistake is theirs.

2. I have also dealt with Morris 4x4 and ditto all of the above.

I have never had a problem with either supplier and they have bent over backwards re advice etc... and they certainly know their Jeeps. I tend to buy in advance for things I know will need preventative maintenance so i don't get concerned if things take a short while. I usually have things within 2-3 weeks.

3. RockAuto parts Online is also very good to deal with and seem to have a faster access to parts etc. No problems with them either. Today I got some stuff (clutch fork; pivot bolts; springs) from them and I only ordered them 7days ago. Me tink amazing....

4. Online autoparts is also very good.

Things are slow ATM cos of COVID in the USA.Sometimes I get things quicker than from Oz suppliers (pretty much all of whom source their parts from the same place that u can... so why pay them?

What i am finding is that Oz suppliers (Repc; Burson etc) often have what you r looking for and at good prices so it is worth having a chat first with these suppliers.

As a last resort I MIGHT try a Jeep dealer but know I will be ripped off.

If u r wanting specialist non OEM stuff try to deal direct with the makers/suppiers rather than companies that do not have a track record.

Be wary of price.... you get what u pay for and make sure u can track the manufacture history of what u r buying...

Just my 5 cents worth...

Oh, and about con artists in whatever guise they present themselves...it is part of their pathology never to "own" their behaviour and that is why they never see it as "wrong" and they continue with it.

Fishframe
22-12-2020, 01:11 PM
“As a last resort I MIGHT try a Jeep dealer but know I will be ripped off.”

Unfortunately, true.

Pokitren
20-01-2022, 05:45 PM
Oh, and about con artists in whatever guise they present themselves...it is part of their pathology never to "own" their behaviour and that is why they never see it as "wrong" and they continue with it.

Not only do they not think it is wrong, they think it is right! I ran into one "businessman" and we had an argument. And he said to me: "I do what I want, and I don't care if it's right or wrong. That's why it's better to deal directly with the manufacturers.