PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Grand Cherokee Rear Ended..Write off?

ninocarreon
14-02-2017, 07:29 PM
Hi,

I got rear ended yesterday and brought the car to a smash repairer. Not my fault and my insurance will be chasing the third party's insurance. Luckily I got a free courtesy car.

Just wanted to check if my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee will be written off as the rear quarter panel was hit and the tire moved inwards a bit which caused it to wobble from the rear when I parked the car safely after the accident.

Car is insured at market value though. Less then 2 years from its original rego Dec 2015 and still has 2 years warranty.

https://s16.postimg.org/sygu08zo5/IMG_20170213_WA0007_01.jpg

https://s16.postimg.org/qsmj5qw7p/20170213_152209.jpg

I wouldn't want it to be written off as the car still has finance and don't want to be lose a car and still owe a bit from the finance as the car is insured at market value which is probably around 40k to 44k

Hope you guys can advise.

Thanks.

chris0375
15-02-2017, 07:00 AM
Well if it's someone else's fault and you don't want it written off don't go through your insurance. Deal directly with the person that caused the damage.

I would suggest it probably wouldn't be written off but it's really hard to say what's actually broken. It looks like only panel work.

Tyre moved inwards might only be a bent wheel.

SeaComms
15-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Agreed. The damage looks to be confined to the bumper and rear quarter panel and it wheel is wobbling probably a bent rim. May be some suspension damage too, but I highly doubt anywhere near enough to write it off. Good luck!

Sent via Tapatalk from a small keyboard on my phone with fat thumbs and no glasses...

ninocarreon
15-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Thanks guys! I hope it's not written off but if it is, I still fall under the new for old car replacement with Allianz. Just checked my PDS. It says 3 years from date of first rego.

SeaComms
16-02-2017, 06:40 AM
Thinking back to around the late 80s I had a 10 year old falcon that my father borrowed and side swiped a telegraph pole. Bent the rear door in half, tore open the rear quarter panel, folded the 12 slot chrome wheel in half and bent the diff. Was repaired by insurance no probs!

Sent via Tapatalk from a small keyboard on my phone with fat thumbs and no glasses...