PDA

View Full Version : First Rego inspection at OOT

Nanook
09-06-2017, 09:35 AM
The JK went in for it's first rego inspection this morning to my local ARB store, Out of Town 4x4. I got the missus to do it as I'm at work.

She pulled over on the side of the road to let some faster traffic through and got bogged. The road to the place is a single lane twisty country road and very slippery as we have had a lot of rain this week.

Thankfully she knew how to use the maxtrax as she has seen me use them before and got herself out of trouble but no one stopped to help her. One did stop but he asked her the directions to the train station. She was so pissed off that he didn't bother to ask if she was alright she sent him in the completely opposite direction so he is probably still looking.

She turns up late and asked the guys at the store to wash down the Jeep as it was covered in mud and she didn't want me to know. They thought it was absolutely hilarious and cleaned it and the maxtrax up for her.

It nearly failed on the handbrake test. Typical Jeep handbrake, thankfully it held at the last moment so it passed but it's something I'm going to have to look at. I think they passed it as they felt sorry for the missus.

Then to top it off, when she got home, she forgot that the UHF aerial was upright and wacked it on the garage roof. Thankfully no damage.

Big shout out to Out of Town 4wd, you guys rock. Not only did they clean up the car when they didn't have to, they also showed her how to engage 4WD. Something I've been wanting to teach her for years!